Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
James

Default Encrypted email

Hello,

I use enigmail with thunderbird for linux to
linux email encryption. Is there any free
or easy to install email encryption package
I should recommend to a Windows, (XP-system7)
to exchange email with a gentoo system?

I do not use encryption often and it is always with other
folks that use linux system. So I'm clueless as to what
I should recommend to a windows user...

Any advice is most welcome...

tia,
James

Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Michael Mol

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use enigmail with thunderbird for linux to
> linux email encryption. Is there any free
> or easy to install email encryption package
> I should recommend to a Windows, (XP-system7)
> to exchange email with a gentoo system?
>

> I do not use encryption often and it is always with other
> folks that use linux system. So I'm clueless as to what
> I should recommend to a windows user...
>
> Any advice is most welcome...

Thunderbird+Enigma+GPG works on Windows.

--
:wq

Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Paul Hartman

http://www.gpg4win.org/

Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Mick

On Thursday 05 Apr 2012 21:28:04 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use enigmail with thunderbird for linux to
> > linux email encryption. Is there any free
> > or easy to install email encryption package
> > I should recommend to a Windows, (XP-system7)
> > to exchange email with a gentoo system?
> >

> > I do not use encryption often and it is always with other
> > folks that use linux system. So I'm clueless as to what
> > I should recommend to a windows user...
> >
> > Any advice is most welcome...
>
> http://www.gpg4win.org/

This has a plugin for Outlook in case your recipients use MS Outlook as their
mail client.

Also, you can use Add ons on Firefox for those recipients that use Gmail's
webmail. There are Add ons that can use s/mime with SSL certificates in
Firefox's SSL Certificates store, or gpg.
Mick

Old 04-07-2012, 01:49 AM
James

Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > http://www.gpg4win.org/

> This has a plugin for Outlook in case your recipients use MS Outlook as their
> mail client.

> Also, you can use Add ons on Firefox for those recipients that use Gmail's
> webmail. There are Add ons that can use s/mime with SSL certificates in
> Firefox's SSL Certificates store, or gpg.

OK,

Thanks for the input.
I'll be testing these solutions and
posting a new thread,