Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default How to display all dependencies?

Hi,

is there a command which shows all dependencies of a package?

Unfortunately, qdepends doesn't do the job, e.g.

qdepends kde-base/kde-meta shows no dependencies at all while there are
more than 200 of them.

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Hinnerk van Bruinehsen

Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:13:05 +0200
Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a command which shows all dependencies of a package?
>
> Unfortunately, qdepends doesn't do the job, e.g.
>
> qdepends kde-base/kde-meta shows no dependencies at all while there
> are more than 200 of them.
>
> Many thanks for a hint,
> Helmut.

qdepends displays DEPENDs but kde-meta defines RDEPENDS, and all of
those are themselves just meta packages.

kde-meta RDEPENDS on kde-*-meta and should show up with qdepends -r

Be careful how deep you do this search, anything you come up with will
probably not do the search you want. Rather search the deps of each
individual kde meta package.

You can't just do a simple deep recursive search, that will find the
deps of a package, find the deps of those packages, and the deps of
those.... by the time this ends, the command will list probably all of
@system and @world

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com