Old 04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
James

Default MTS player

Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.

> mplayer2 is a fork of mplayer. I use mplayer2 (instead of mplayer)
> because it has better stream seeking behavior for my use cases. I
> don't remember what all the differences are, though.

OK I'll check out mplayer2.

On another note, I have always transferred files form the sony
camcorders to my linux systems, via cp or scp, without issues.

Now, the new sony (HDR-PJ760V) is giving me troubles.

I plugged the usb on the sony camcorder into my gentoo system.
The usb was auto discovered. I am able to use Dragon player
to watch the individual files, such as 00001.MTS via Dragon
player and the camcorder being mounted (96 G of flash).

Ok so I was then initially able to use cp to copy the files
off onto the gentoo hard drive. After I did a few this way,
the mount point now drops almost immediately. I can re-discover
the sony camcorder and automount via the file-manager. I can see
the files and play them one at a time via Dragon Player. But, when
I go to copy them with:

cp *.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
or
cp 00000.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR

I get Erno 5 as the mount is lost evey time now.

The mount drops. I never had this problem before, but it
is a different camera. What really has me stumped is it
worked for a while for a few files, now it drops the mount
every time.

I even power cycled the camcorder, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Sony evil?

ideas?

James

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
James

James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> > > My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.

> I get Erno 5 as the mount is lost evey time now.

> The mount drops.

Update: ok this camcorder uses exFAT file system. Could that
be the problem?

Workaround for copying the files off of the camcorder flash
onto my Gentoo harddrive (reiserfs currently)?

James

Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Joost Roeleveld

On Tuesday, April 03, 2012 06:38:29 PM James wrote:
> Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.
> >
> > mplayer2 is a fork of mplayer. I use mplayer2 (instead of mplayer)
> > because it has better stream seeking behavior for my use cases. I
> > don't remember what all the differences are, though.
>
> OK I'll check out mplayer2.
>
> On another note, I have always transferred files form the sony
> camcorders to my linux systems, via cp or scp, without issues.
>
> Now, the new sony (HDR-PJ760V) is giving me troubles.
>
> I plugged the usb on the sony camcorder into my gentoo system.
> The usb was auto discovered. I am able to use Dragon player
> to watch the individual files, such as 00001.MTS via Dragon
> player and the camcorder being mounted (96 G of flash).
>
> Ok so I was then initially able to use cp to copy the files
> off onto the gentoo hard drive. After I did a few this way,
> the mount point now drops almost immediately. I can re-discover
> the sony camcorder and automount via the file-manager. I can see
> the files and play them one at a time via Dragon Player. But, when
> I go to copy them with:
>
> cp *.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
> or
> cp 00000.MTS /usr/local/video/jeff/basketball/TR
>
> I get Erno 5 as the mount is lost evey time now.
>
> The mount drops. I never had this problem before, but it
> is a different camera. What really has me stumped is it
> worked for a while for a few files, now it drops the mount
> every time.
>
> I even power cycled the camcorder, to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?

This sounds like a problem I had with a USB harddrive.
Cause: Bad connection in USB-port (dust?)
Solution: Use vacuumcleaner to clear USB-port

HTH,

Joost

Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
James

Joost Roeleveld <joost <at> antarean.org> writes:

> This sounds like a problem I had with a USB harddrive.
> Cause: Bad connection in USB-port (dust?)
> Solution: Use vacuumcleaner to clear USB-port

I've tried several ports, the same cable works fine with
several other different usb devices, so it's most likely
related to

exFAT.......

Any other ideas?
anyone?