Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM
David Relson

Default emacs - problem rendering pdf files

G'day,

A few weeks ago I discovered that emacs is no longer rendering pdf
files. Before, I could open a pdf file and read it using emacs, but no
longer.

When I open a pdf I get the following messages:

### message #1 ### in buffer that used to show the rendered pdf ###

Welcome to DocView!

If you see this buffer it means that the document you want to view is
being converted to PNG and the conversion of the first page hasn't
finished yet or `doc-view-conversion-refresh-interval' is set to nil.

For now these keys are useful:

`q' : Bury this buffer. Conversion will go on in background.
`k' : Kill the conversion process and this buffer.
`K' : Kill the conversion process.
"))))

### message #2 ### in the emacs status bar ###

DocView: process pdf/ps->>png changed status to exited anbormally with
code 127

Research shows that both messages come from file
/usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/doc-view.el. The first messsages is from
function doc-view-buffer-message() and the second is from function
doc-view-sentinel(proc event).

Any suggestions of what's gone missing on my system ???

Thanks.

David

P.S. emacs is still rendering images (jpg, png, tiff, etc).

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Sebastian Pipping

I recommend to file bug report at bugs.gentoo.org .

Best,