Old 03-31-2012, 11:12 AM
pk

Default Netbeans, java programming, swing gui-builder?

Hi,

Does anyone on this list have experience with java (swing) gui-builders
and what would you recommend, if so? It seems Netbeans is the only
option in Portage that I can find, are there other options? I'm looking
for an "easy" way to build a reasonably advanced gui.

Best regards

Peter K

Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
"pat"

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:12:00 +0200, pk wrote
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone on this list have experience with java (swing) gui-builders
> and what would you recommend, if so? It seems Netbeans is the only
> option in Portage that I can find, are there other options? I'm looking
> for an "easy" way to build a reasonably advanced gui.
>
> Best regards
>
> Peter K

Hi Peter,

I have experiences with Swing UI and I'll suggest NetBeans.

Pat

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/

Old 04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
pk

On 2012-04-01 13:19, pat wrote:

> I have experiences with Swing UI and I'll suggest NetBeans.

I guess I'll go with that. It's just that it wants to pull in around 100
packages (with only apisupport, ide, java and nb modules)... :-/

Oh, well.

Thanks!

Best regards

Peter K

Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
walt

On 04/01/2012 10:05 AM, pk wrote:
> On 2012-04-01 13:19, pat wrote:
>
>> I have experiences with Swing UI and I'll suggest NetBeans.
>
> I guess I'll go with that. It's just that it wants to pull in around 100
> packages (with only apisupport, ide, java and nb modules)... :-/

Yes, that's a bit of a pain. I install the binary package from here:
http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html

Running the installer as an ordinary user installs the whole thing in
~/NetBeans and it even updates itself if you want it to.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
pk

On 2012-04-01 19:26, walt wrote:

> Yes, that's a bit of a pain. I install the binary package from here:
> http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
>
> Running the installer as an ordinary user installs the whole thing in
> ~/NetBeans and it even updates itself if you want it to.

Ah, cool! Thanks!

Best regards

Peter K