Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default WARNING latest lvm2 breaks systems with older udev

Am 28.03.2012 12:24, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 27.03.2012 22:53, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
>> My system wouldn't fully boot this morning after updating lvm (~amd64).
>>
>> Fortunately a mount -a followed by
>> emerge -1 lvm2-previous version
>>
>> has be back in business (with the new lvm2 masked).
>>
>> I subsequently found the bug below.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I had the same issue here.

addition: it wasn't exactly the same, as I had udev-182 already.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Alex Schuster

Stefan G. Weichinger writes:

> Am 28.03.2012 12:24, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> > Am 27.03.2012 22:53, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> >> My system wouldn't fully boot this morning after updating lvm (~amd64).
> >>
> >> Fortunately a mount -a followed by
> >>
> >> emerge -1 lvm2-previous version
> >>
> >> has be back in business (with the new lvm2 masked).

Yikes.

> >> I subsequently found the bug below.

Thanks for being so kind of doing so!

> > Thanks for the pointer, I had the same issue here.
>
> addition: it wasn't exactly the same, as I had udev-182 already.

I read the mail, but somehow I completely forgot to downgrade. But I did not
run into this problem. I'm running udev-182 already, and I am using
genkernel's initramfs.

Wonko

Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Michael Mol

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
> Stefan G. Weichinger writes:

> Yikes.

> Thanks for being so kind of doing so!

Just to note, it was Pandu who filed that report. Allan *found* the bug report.

Just pointing it out because I've seen two people misattribute it now.

--
:wq

Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Alex Schuster

I just wrote:

> Thanks for being so kind of doing so!

Whoops, I misread 'found' for 'filed'. But anyway, thanks for the
information

Wonko

Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Pandu Poluan

On Mar 29, 2012 1:42 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:

> > Stefan G. Weichinger writes:

> > Yikes.

> > Thanks for being so kind of doing so!

> Just to note, it was Pandu who filed that report. Allan *found* the bug report.

Me??

Uh, the bug was filed by Paweł Rumian, not me...

> Just pointing it out because I've seen two people misattribute it now.

And you, too :-D

Rgds,

Old 03-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Michael Mol

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@poluan.info> wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2012 1:42 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org>
>> wrote:

>> > Yikes.

>> > Thanks for being so kind of doing so!
>>
>> Just to note, it was Pandu who filed that report. Allan *found* the bug
>> report.
>>

> Me??
>
> Uh, the bug was filed by Paweł Rumian, not me...
>
>> Just pointing it out because I've seen two people misattribute it now.
>>

> And you, too :-D

LOL.

Thanks.

--
:wq

Old 03-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Allan Gottlieb

On Wed, Mar 28 2012, Michael Mol wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
>> Stefan G. Weichinger writes:

>> Yikes.

>> Thanks for being so kind of doing so!
>
> Just to note, it was Pandu who filed that report. Allan *found* the bug report.
>
> Just pointing it out because I've seen two people misattribute it now.

I believe it was Paweł Rumian who actually filed the bug. After the
mount -a put me back in business (and my heart rate went back to normal)
I went to file a bug, saw Rumian's there, and posted to gentoo-user to
save others from the encountering the problem.

Anyway, I am glad to have helped disseminate the information. It is
nice to occasionally be a source of help rather than always a sink.

allan