I have a problem going on with my 'sendmail' client. This happens to be sSMTP
- - actually I don't know if the problem is with sSMTP or with some logger or
daemon trying to use it. It seems to be with sSMTP, though.
I will explain the problem before I go any further. I just noticed in the logs
that periodically, something tries to send something through
'(myhost).adelphia.net'. This is a problem, since there is no such domain.
Now to the reason I think it is sSMTP (a misconfiguration, or something): When
I try to send mail to a local user using 'sendmail', it tries to go through the
host mentioned above.
I am running syslog-ng, with logrotate. A few other things, that create logs,
as well. What makes this worse is that I ran a recursive grep for
'adelphia.net' to see if there was a configuration file I missed - all I got
were email addresses tied to the kernel Documentation, and the email.log and
If you need more information, I'll be happy to provide it. I just want to fix
my system mail so that it doesn't try to send everything through adelphia.net.
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 03:29:08 -0400, Chris Walters wrote:
> I just noticed in the logs
> that periodically, something tries to send something through
> '(myhost).adelphia.net'. This is a problem, since there is no such
> domain. Now to the reason I think it is sSMTP (a misconfiguration, or
It could be, but only you know how ssmtp is configured. What is
Incidentally, why not mention ssmtp in the Subject: it would be a lot
more helpful that what you used and may even increase your chances of a