-   -   WARNING latest lvm2 breaks systems with older udev (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/649599-warning-latest-lvm2-breaks-systems-older-udev.html)

Allan Gottlieb 03-27-2012 08:53 PM

WARNING latest lvm2 breaks systems with older udev

My system wouldn't fully boot this morning after updating lvm (~amd64).

Fortunately a mount -a followed by
emerge -1 lvm2-previous version

has be back in business (with the new lvm2 masked).

I subsequently found the bug below.

allan

Bug 409921 - Upgrading to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.95 causes failure in mounting
lvm2 filesystems at boot

After upgrading to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.95 the system failed to mount filesystems belonging to LVM devices during boot phase. The errors are catched at the attached photgraphs.

After logging-in, only the file systems not belonging to LVM were mounted.
The LVM devices were there, and doing 'mount -a' succeded (all partitions were mounted). After this I was able to downgrade to sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.93-r1, which works without problems.

I am using sys-fs/udev-171-r5, the newer verions are masked due to the
separate /usr partition on LVM - I haven't yet got enough time to
configure initramfs.

"Stefan G. Weichinger" 03-28-2012 10:24 AM

Am 27.03.2012 22:53, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> My system wouldn't fully boot this morning after updating lvm (~amd64).
>
> Fortunately a mount -a followed by
> emerge -1 lvm2-previous version
>
> has be back in business (with the new lvm2 masked).
>
> I subsequently found the bug below.

Thanks for the pointer, I had the same issue here.