Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Kraus Philipp

Default vlc jitter / timing problem

Hello,

I'm using cvlc for streaming television data from /dev/video0 (on a x64 dual xeon system with 16GB RAM). I'm using a Hauppauge HVR 1900 with the unstable branche and self-build 3.2.11 kernel. The device /dev/video0 is created and if I run cat /dev/video0 > x.mpg the stream of the video device is saved and is shown
without any sync problems. IMHO the hardware / kernel works fine.

Now I try to send a multicast stream with the cvlc device (in some test I'm using a http stream) to the netwerok (gigabit) with:

su tv -c "/usr/bin/cvlc pvr:///dev/video0 --ttl 1 --sout '#std{access=http,dest=192.168.20.1:8080,mux=ts}'"

After running the command the error:

[0x6bfa68] main input error: ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late (pts_delay increased to 2329 ms)
[0x6bfa68] main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

is shown. I have build vlc with this options aac avcodec avformat dts dvbpsi elibc_glibc encode ffmpeg gcrypt httpd mmx mp3 mpeg ncurses ogg postproc pvr rtsp sse swscale udev v4l vlm x264 xcb (other are disabled)

If I change the http to a multicast stream or try to send a h264 stream the problem is also shown. I can not received any data on a network client, streaming data are received, but video / audio are not in sync and the video signal are create sync problems or the movie runs sometimes faster and other times slower.

Does anyone have got an idea how I can solve the problem. I'm using at the moment VLC media player 2.0.0 Twoflower (revision 2.0.0-0-g421a4fc)

Thanks

Phil