-   -   problem with e2fsck and the pre mount of /usr (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/648980-problem-e2fsck-pre-mount-usr.html)

03-26-2012 02:23 PM

problem with e2fsck and the pre mount of /usr

Hi. I upgraded genkernel and openrc to see what would happen with the
initrd mounting /usr -- since I use an initrd anyway.

Well, it mounts OK, but when it comes time to do the e2fsck, that fails
because its mounted. Is there a way to get the initrd to do an e2fsck
before it mounts /usr and then I can have it not do one in the
/etc/fstab -- or any other solution to this problem?
I am using gentoo unstable with 3.2.6-gentoo.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Doug Hunley 03-27-2012 02:46 PM

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:23, <covici@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> Hi. *I upgraded genkernel and openrc to see what would happen with the
> initrd mounting /usr -- since I use an initrd anyway.
>
> Well, it mounts OK, but when it comes time to do the e2fsck, that fails
> because its mounted. *Is there a way to get the initrd to do an e2fsck
> before it mounts /usr and then I can have it not do one in the
> /etc/fstab -- or any other solution to this problem?
> I am using gentoo unstable with 3.2.6-gentoo.
>

> Any assistance would be appreciated.

Have your init mount it read-only and fsck should be happy, iirc

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Web:

Jorge Martínez López 03-28-2012 02:22 PM

problem with e2fsck and the pre mount of /usr

Hi!

I let Dracut mount /usr and I do not mount it again at boot. In order
to do so I have added the "noauto" option in /etc/fstab:

/dev/mapper/vg-usr /usr ext4 noauto,noatime 1 2

Use with caution.

Greetings,
--
Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@gmail.com> http://www.jorgeml.net