Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Nilesh Govindrajan

Default Line-In input doesn't get forwarded as output

Hi,

I upgraded to gentoo-sources 3.3, but it seems there's either a bug or
feature in the kernel. ALSA doesn't seem to forward line-in input to the
output, while the same happens with gentoo-sources 3.2.11.

Anybody else facing this issue?

If it's a feature, how to disable it?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com

Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 03/26/2012 02:54 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to gentoo-sources 3.3, but it seems there's either a bug or
> feature in the kernel. ALSA doesn't seem to forward line-in input to the
> output, while the same happens with gentoo-sources 3.2.11.
>
> Anybody else facing this issue?

My microphone is dead for some time and it could be an ALSA problem.
You don't have an Intel HDA audio card by chance, do you? I found this
<https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/2/355> some time ago but it didn't help me.

Best,

Sebastian

Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Nilesh Govindrajan

On Mon 26 Mar 2012 06:54:45 PM IST, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> On 03/26/2012 02:54 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded to gentoo-sources 3.3, but it seems there's either a bug or
>> feature in the kernel. ALSA doesn't seem to forward line-in input to the
>> output, while the same happens with gentoo-sources 3.2.11.
>>
>> Anybody else facing this issue?
>
> My microphone is dead for some time and it could be an ALSA problem.
> You don't have an Intel HDA audio card by chance, do you? I found this
> <https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/2/355> some time ago but it didn't help me.
>
> Best,
>

> Sebastian

I do have an Intel HDA card, but everything works fine with 3.2.11 and
was working with earlier kernels as well.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com

Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Nilesh Govindrajan

On Tue 27 Mar 2012 08:05:42 AM IST, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 26/03/12 15:54, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded to gentoo-sources 3.3, but it seems there's either a bug or
>> feature in the kernel. ALSA doesn't seem to forward line-in input to the
>> output, while the same happens with gentoo-sources 3.2.11.
>>
>> Anybody else facing this issue?
>>
>> If it's a feature, how to disable it?
>
> alsamixer.

Okay, I did check that before posting message to the list, but now it
is working. The Channels was set to 4 in alsamixer, I made it 2.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com