-   -   Problem with printing (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/648487-problem-printing.html)

Alex Schuster 03-24-2012 08:28 PM

Problem with printing

Алексей Мишустин writes:

> The printer is connected via USB. USB printers support is enabled in
> kernel.

The "HP PSC 1410 USB" thread suggests to disable USB printer support in
the kernel, and enable the usb USE flag for cups. But I think if this
were the problem, you wouldn't even see the printer in CUPS.

Wonko

Алексей Мишустин 03-24-2012 08:32 PM

Problem with printing

# cat /etc/cups/printers.conf
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.4.8
# Written by cupsd on 2012-03-25 00:08
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS RUNNING
<Printer EPSON_Stylus_Photo_2100>
Info EPSON Stylus Photo 2100
Location Local
MakeModel Epson Stylus Photo Series
DeviceURI usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%202100
State Idle
StateTime 1332619676
Type 36876
Filter application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
Filter application/vnd.cups-raster 50 rastertoepson
Accepting Yes
Shared No
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
AllowUser root
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

Alex

Алексей Мишустин 03-24-2012 08:47 PM

Problem with printing

Hurrah

I have installed gutenprint and now my printer prints.

Apologies for the noise! ;)

Alex

Алексей Мишустин 03-25-2012 06:30 AM

Problem with printing

25 марта 2012*г. 1:28 пользователь Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> написал:
> Алексей Мишустин writes:
>
>> The printer is connected via USB. USB printers support is enabled in
>> kernel.
>
> The "HP PSC 1410 USB" thread suggests to disable USB printer support in
> the kernel, and enable the usb USE flag for cups. But I think if this
> were the problem, you wouldn't even see the printer in CUPS.

Who knows why Gmail put your message in spam, I've seen it only today.

Yes, the problem wasn't in that.

But thanks anyway.

Alex