Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Alex Schuster

Default Huh? udev-182 package collision with own files

Hi there!

emerge --update --newuse @world wants to re-install sys-fs/udev-182 due
to changed USE flags (static-libs), but this package just failed to
compile because of file collisions.

* package sys-fs/udev-182 NOT merged
*
* Detected file collision(s):
*
* /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/libudev
* /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gudev
*
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
*
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
*
* sys-fs/udev-182
* /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gudev
* /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/libudev

So udev-182 cannot install because it does not want to overwrite some
of its own directories. What's this, a portage bug? I'm running
2.2.0_alpha94.

Yes, I know how to turn this collision check off, but I wonder what's
going on and if I should file a portage bug report.

Wonko