-   -   Bind9 and Samba4 setup nightmare (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/647341-bind9-samba4-setup-nightmare.html)

walt 03-21-2012 03:34 PM

On 03/21/2012 08:15 AM, Datty wrote:

> I've just run ldd against the library thats trying to load and ive
> pasted the output below. It seems to require libsamdb-common.so twice
> but is only able to find it once?

lddtree (app-misc/pax-utils) may give you a hint why that's happening.

Datty 03-22-2012 10:05 AM

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/21/2012 08:15 AM, Datty wrote:

> I've just run ldd against the library thats trying to load and ive

> pasted the output below. It seems to require libsamdb-common.so twice

> but is only able to find it once?

lddtree (app-misc/pax-utils) may give you a hint why that's happening.

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer, I haven't used that tool before. I've ended up getting it working by bumping up to bind 9.9.0 which seems about as stable as a 1 legged chair. Now to work out why it crashes every time samba tries to do a dynamic update.

Thanks