-   -   latest eix versions messes with my screen status bar (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/646822-latest-eix-versions-messes-my-screen-status-bar.html)

Paul Hartman 03-20-2012 02:14 PM

latest eix versions messes with my screen status bar

Hi,

Following a recent eix version update, after running eix-sync it
leaves the session name on my screen status bar like:

$eix-sync: Finished

does anyone know anything about that?

Is there perhaps something I can add to my shell prompt to make it
reset the status bar title after a program exits?

Michael Mol 03-20-2012 02:25 PM

latest eix versions messes with my screen status bar

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following a recent eix version update, after running eix-sync it
> leaves the session name on my screen status bar like:
>
> $eix-sync: Finished
>
> does anyone know anything about that?
>
> Is there perhaps something I can add to my shell prompt to make it
> reset the status bar title after a program exits?

I would _love_ to know the answer to this, as I've been wanting to
stick something like that in my $PS1 for months, now. (General use and
convenience, not because of eix).

--
:wq