Old 03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default *** urgent *** root needs non existing service 'fsck'

Hi,

suddenly might Gentoo system doesn't boot anymore, not normally, at
least.

I get 'root' needs non existing service 'fsck' but I've no idea why.

rc-update -u tells me about this, as well.

reemerging linux-utils and openrc didn't help.

/etc/init.d/fsck is a normal file which contents looks normally.
I can invoke /sbin/fsck.

I'm very grateful for any hints to get out of this,

Helmut.