Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default Masking udev to postpone the update

I will update to the new world order, but would very much prefer to
postpone that for a few weeks. Is it enough to put

>sys-fs/udev-171-r5

in /etc/portage/package.mask ?

thanks,
allan

Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 13:14:48 -0700
Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@nyu.edu> wrote:

> I will update to the new world order, but would very much prefer to
> postpone that for a few weeks. Is it enough to put
>
> >sys-fs/udev-171-r5
>
> in /etc/portage/package.mask ?

>=sys-fs/udev-181

would be better. Rather mask the first version that causes issues and
all subsequent versions. With your suggestions, there may be
future updates between 171 and 181 (without initrd issues) that you
want, but you can't use them as you masked them.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 13:14:48 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> I will update to the new world order, but would very much prefer to
> postpone that for a few weeks. Is it enough to put
>
> >sys-fs/udev-171-r5
>
> in /etc/portage/package.mask ?

I have masked 171 and everything above for a while now. So far nothing bad
happened.

--
#163933