Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

Default How can I trigger kernel panic?

Just to be sure, r e i s u b may be input in low case, without shift, right?

Like hold Alt + SysRq and type r e i s u b then release Alt + SysRq?

Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Claudio Roberto França Pereira
<spideybr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be sure, r e i s u b may be input in low case, without shift, right?
>
> Like hold Alt + SysRq and type r e i s u b then release Alt + SysRq?

correct!

Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Dale

Claudio Roberto França Pereira wrote:
> Just to be sure, r e i s u b may be input in low case, without shift, right?
>
> Like hold Alt + SysRq and type r e i s u b then release Alt + SysRq?

As the most experienced user of SysReq, that is correct. Thank hal for
all the experience too. That #$*%^ *$&%^#*$&% piece of software. I
hope udev follows that thing. ROFL

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 03-17-2012, 03:41 AM
"Bruce Hill, Jr."

On March 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM "ZHANG, Le" <r0bertz@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Jarry <mr.jarry@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > my question might seem silly, but I have reason for it:
> > I have heard there is way to auto-reboot linux after kernel
> > panic using "kernel.panic=<time>" in /etc/sysctl.conf.
> >
> > This might come handy as my server is far from me and I do
> > not have any remote console. But I would like to test it
> > and see if it works (first on my desktop).
> >
> > So my question is: Can I somehow deliberately trigger
> > "kernel panic" (or "kernel oops")?
>

> For panic, echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger
>
> --
> Zhang Le, Robert
> Gentoo/Loongson(龙芯) Developer
> http://zhangle.is-a-geek.org

Nasty way to do it, but I thought that should be:

echo b > / proc / sysrq-trigger

Isn't b for reboot?
--
Happy Penguin Computers >`)