Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
"siefke_listen@web.de"

Default emerge Break

Hello,

i try to install avidemux and so i give emerge avidemux. But at
media-libs/aften-0.0.8 break emerge with the message:

<error>
cmake: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.3:
</error>

But the libnettle.so.3 is present on my system:
siefke@gentoo-desk ~ $ locate libnettle.so.3
/usr/lib/libnettle.so.3
/usr/lib/libnettle.so.3.0

I try with env-update but nothing change. Has someone a idea?

Regards
Silvio

Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Canek Peláez Valdés

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM, siefke_listen@web.de
<siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i try to install avidemux and so i give emerge avidemux. But at
> media-libs/aften-0.0.8 break emerge with the message:
>
> <error>
> cmake: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.3:
> </error>
>
> But the libnettle.so.3 is present on my system:
> siefke@gentoo-desk ~ $ locate libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3.0

The locate library may be out of sync. What does it actually say "ls
-l /usr/lib/libnettle*"?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

Old 03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Mark Knecht

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM, siefke_listen@web.de
<siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i try to install avidemux and so i give emerge avidemux. But at
> media-libs/aften-0.0.8 break emerge with the message:
>
> <error>
> cmake: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.3:
> </error>
>
> But the libnettle.so.3 is present on my system:
> siefke@gentoo-desk ~ $ locate libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3.0
>
> I try with env-update but nothing change. Has someone a idea?
>
> Regards
> Silvio

First, was the system up-to-date prior to trying to install your new program?

emerge -pvDuN @world

If not get it up-to-date first.

Once up-to-date, and still before the new program install, do

revdep-rebuild -ip

and see if your dependencies are clean.

At this point we don't know if the new program failure is due to the
new program, it's ebuild, or its dependencies, or whether it's due to
some problems with your system that need to be addressed first.

Good luck,
Mark

Old 03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Michael Mol

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM, siefke_listen@web.de
<siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i try to install avidemux and so i give emerge avidemux. But at
> media-libs/aften-0.0.8 break emerge with the message:
>
> <error>
> cmake: error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.3:
> </error>
>
> But the libnettle.so.3 is present on my system:
> siefke@gentoo-desk ~ $ locate libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3
> /usr/lib/libnettle.so.3.0
>
> I try with env-update but nothing change. Has someone a idea?

I don't know a whole lot about multilib, but I believe /usr/lib is a
32-bit library folder. Perhaps avidemux is looking for a 64-bit
version?

Just started emerging avidemux on one of my boxes, but libnettle
doesn't appear to get pulled in. Finally, My emerge result line reads:

[ebuild N ] media-video/avidemux-2.5.4-r2 USE="aac aften alsa
dts jack libsamplerate mp3 nls qt4 sdl truetype vorbis x264 xv xvid
-amr (-esd) -gtk -oss -pulseaudio" LINGUAS="-bg -ca -cs -de -el -es
-fr -it -ja -pt_BR -ru -sr -sr@latin -tr -zh_TW" 17,730 kB

--
:wq

Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Mark Knecht

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I don't know a whole lot about multilib, but I believe /usr/lib is a
> 32-bit library folder. Perhaps avidemux is looking for a 64-bit
> version?

It's a sim link here:

c2stable ~ # ls -l /usr/lib
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Apr 13 2010 /usr/lib -> lib64
c2stable ~ #

> Just started emerging avidemux on one of my boxes, but libnettle
> doesn't appear to get pulled in. Finally, My emerge result line reads:
>
> [ebuild *N * * ] media-video/avidemux-2.5.4-r2 *USE="aac aften alsa
> dts jack libsamplerate mp3 nls qt4 sdl truetype vorbis x264 xv xvid
> -amr (-esd) -gtk -oss -pulseaudio" LINGUAS="-bg -ca -cs -de -el -es
> -fr -it -ja -pt_BR -ru -sr -sr@latin -tr -zh_TW" 17,730 kB
>
> --
> :wq

Same here. nettle isn't pulled in.

I don't see any obvious flags that would do it but I'm not going to
slog through the ebuild... :-)

- Mark

c2stable ~ # eix -I nettle
No matches found.
c2stable ~ # eix -c nettle
[N] dev-libs/nettle (2.4): Low-level cryptographic library
c2stable ~ # emerge -pvDuN avidemux

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild N ] media-libs/aften-0.0.8 USE="cxx" 79 kB
[ebuild N ] media-video/avidemux-2.5.4-r2 USE="aac aften alsa
dts gtk mp3 nls qt4 sdl truetype vorbis x264 xv xvid -amr (-esd) -jack
-libsamplerate -oss -pulseaudio" LINGUAS="-bg -ca -cs -de -el -es -fr
-it -ja -pt_BR -ru -sr -sr@latin -tr -zh_TW" 17,730 kB

Total: 2 packages (2 new), Size of downloads: 17,809 kB
c2stable ~ #

Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
"siefke_listen@web.de"

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:05:22 -0700 Mark Knecht wrote:
> First, was the system up-to-date prior to trying to install your new
> program?

I has yesterday make emerge world.

> emerge -pvDuN @world
>
> If not get it up-to-date first.

Okay this i use in future.

> Once up-to-date, and still before the new program install, do
>
> revdep-rebuild -ip
> and see if your dependencies are clean.
>
> At this point we don't know if the new program failure is due to the
> new program, it's ebuild, or its dependencies, or whether it's due to
> some problems with your system that need to be addressed first.

I has work with symlink, because the libnettle was with libnettle.so.4 on
System not the libnettle.so.3. Now has compiled, but i try the steps, because
with gnupg has the same problem.

Thanks. Regards
Silvio