Old 03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Tamer Higazi

Default how updating to gnome3 ?!

Hi people!
I want to upgrade gnome 2.32 to gnome 3.

First question, is it now officially supported by the gentoo team or
should I keep my fingers away of it?!

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/gnome/howtos/gnome-3.2-upgrade.xml

doesn't tell me a lot how to accomplish this task. Is there any official
documentation telling me how to doit, unmasking, flags etc....

for any advise I would thank you.

Tamer

Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:01:41 +0100
Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi people!
> I want to upgrade gnome 2.32 to gnome 3.
>
> First question, is it now officially supported by the gentoo team or
> should I keep my fingers away of it?!
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/gnome/howtos/gnome-3.2-upgrade.xml
>
> doesn't tell me a lot how to accomplish this task. Is there any
> official documentation telling me how to doit, unmasking, flags
> etc....
>

> for any advise I would thank you.

What sort of information are you looking for?

gnome-3 is marked unstable, so if you run ~x86 or ~amd64 just

emerge -av gnome

and deal with any breakage. This is generally how gentoo works for
everything. What were you expecting in terms of documentation ?

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Sun Mar 11 19:30:02 2012