Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 PM

Default : Need help with a Makefile

Hi,

I am trying to compile a linux-kernel for an embedded system.
There is an (older) build environment.
The kernel is based on a 2.4er linux kernel.
When doing a
make menuconfig
I get:

make menuconfig
Makefile:441: *** mixed implicit and normal rules. Stop.
[1] 8814 exit 2 make menuconfig

The according part of the makefile is:

include $(srctree)/arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile
export KBUILD_DEFCONFIG

441 config %config: scripts_basic outputmakefile FORCE
$(Q)mkdir -p include/linux
$(Q)$(MAKE) $(build)=scripts/kconfig $@
$(Q)$(MAKE) -C $(srctree) KBUILD_SRC= .kernelrelease

I marked the according line with its number.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with makefiles...

I am using the make of the gentoo system, which is
GNU make 3.82...

What is wrong here?

Best regards,
mcc