Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
赵佳晖

Default The keyboard didn't work when i startx

hello, everyone , i have just install the Xorg-server with the xorgserver handbook . And when i startx , i find my keyboard didn't work ? How did it happen ?my xorg.conf : *
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563397/*make.conf: **
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563399/*And my keyboard is USB
--
好好**,天天向上!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 09.03.2012 18:14, schrieb 赵佳晖:
> hello, everyone , i have just install the Xorg-server with the
> xorgserver handbook . And when i startx , i find my keyboard didn't work
> ? How did it happen ?
> my xorg.conf : http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563397/
> make.conf: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563399/
> And my keyboard is USB
>
> --
> 好好**,天天向上!!!

Rename your xorg.conf to something else so it is no longer found by
xorg. Then try again. Nowadays, most systems work better with
auto-configuration.

But before you do this, append "evdev" to INPUT_DEVICES in your
make.conf. That's the preferred mouse+keyboard driver.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp

Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 09.03.2012 18:44, schrieb Florian Philipp:
> Am 09.03.2012 18:14, schrieb 赵佳晖:
>> hello, everyone , i have just install the Xorg-server with the
>> xorgserver handbook . And when i startx , i find my keyboard didn't work
>> ? How did it happen ?
>> my xorg.conf : http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563397/
>> make.conf: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/563399/
>> And my keyboard is USB
>>
>> --
>> 好好**,天天向上!!!
>
> Rename your xorg.conf to something else so it is no longer found by
> xorg. Then try again. Nowadays, most systems work better with
> auto-configuration.
>
> But before you do this, append "evdev" to INPUT_DEVICES in your
> make.conf. That's the preferred mouse+keyboard driver.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Florian Philipp

Oh, and of course, re-emerge x11-base/xorg-drivers after adding evdev.