Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

Default FOSS history books

I've ordered Rebel Code: Linux And The Open Source Revolution, from
Glyn Moody, but I just realized it's pretty old, from January 2001, 11
years ago.
Of course I'll love reading it, but I'd like to complete this "study"
with the 2000 developments of FOSS. Linux 2.6, HAL life-cycle, GCC
evolution, Ubuntu creation, Mozilla history, Google rising like a
rocket. Anyone know a good recommendation in this subject?

--
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Michael Mol

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Claudio Roberto França Pereira
<spideybr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've ordered Rebel Code: Linux And The Open Source Revolution, from
> Glyn Moody, but I just realized it's pretty old, from January 2001, 11
> years ago.
> Of course I'll love reading it, but I'd like to complete this "study"
> with the 2000 developments of FOSS. Linux 2.6, HAL life-cycle, GCC
> evolution, Ubuntu creation, Mozilla history, Google rising like a
> rocket. Anyone know a good recommendation in this subject?

It's possible someone still needs to write one.

--
:wq

Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Andrés Becerra Sandoval

I've ordered Rebel Code: Linux And The Open Source Revolution, from

Glyn Moody, but I just realized it's pretty old, from January 2001, 11

years ago.

Of course I'll love reading it, but I'd like to complete this "study"

with the 2000 developments of FOSS. Linux 2.6, HAL life-cycle, GCC

evolution, Ubuntu creation, Mozilla history, Google rising like a

rocket. Anyone know a good recommendation in this subject?

--

Claudio Roberto França Pereira

All of these are not entirely historical:

- Hackers, heroes of the computer revolution, Steven Levy- Open Advice, Lydia Pintscher*
-*Two Bits. The *Cultural Significance of Free Software, Kelty- The Power of Open, Creative Commons- The Success of Open Source.*Steven Weber- Perspectives on Open Source Software, http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?tid=10477&ttype=2

--
* Andrés Becerra Sandoval

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM

2012/3/7 Andrés Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@gmail.com>:
> All of these are not entirely historical:
>
> - Hackers, heroes of the computer revolution, Steven Levy
> - Open Advice, Lydia Pintscher
> -*Two Bits. The *Cultural Significance of Free Software, Kelty
> - The Power of Open, Creative Commons
> - The Success of Open Source.*Steven Weber
> - Perspectives on Open Source Software,
> http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?tid=10477&ttype=2

Thank you, I'll make sure to take note on these and look up after Rebel Code.