-   -   freerdp-1.0.1 fails to authenticate (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/641370-freerdp-1-0-1-fails-authenticate.html)

Mick 03-06-2012 07:17 AM

freerdp-1.0.1 fails to authenticate

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I've come across a bug.

I'm trying to connect to a Windows7 OS running in virtualbox with Remote
Assistance enabled and this is what I get:

xfreerdp -u fred -p - 192.168.2.5:69357 -f
connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 445 does not exist

A window tries to be formed momentarily, but it collapses immediately. Adding
different --sec (rdp|tls|nla) options, or compression, or pretty much any other
options (other than plugins which I don't know if they are needed) makes no
difference.

I noticed that the message "Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 445
does not exist" comes up even when there is no Windows7 Rremote Assistance
session running - so this is a client problem.

I can't see anything in the logs (either on Gentoo or in Windows7 Event
Viewer).

Any ideas?
Mick

Mick 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

On Tuesday 06 Mar 2012 08:17:49 Mick wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I've come across a bug.
>
> I'm trying to connect to a Windows7 OS running in virtualbox with Remote
> Assistance enabled and this is what I get:
>
> xfreerdp -u fred -p - 192.168.2.5:69357 -f
> connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
> connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
> connecting to 192.168.2.5:69357
> Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 445 does not exist
>
> A window tries to be formed momentarily, but it collapses immediately.
> Adding different --sec (rdp|tls|nla) options, or compression, or pretty
> much any other options (other than plugins which I don't know if they are
> needed) makes no difference.
>
> I noticed that the message "Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property
> 445 does not exist" comes up even when there is no Windows7 Rremote
> Assistance session running - so this is a client problem.
>
> I can't see anything in the logs (either on Gentoo or in Windows7 Event
> Viewer).
>
> Any ideas?

Correction - this is the exact error I'm getting:

$ xfreerdp -u fred -p - 192.168.2.5:49163
Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 445 does not exist
connected to 192.168.2.5:49163
connected to 192.168.2.5:49163
connected to 192.168.2.5:49163
ERRINFO_UNKNOWN 0x00000300: Unknown error.
Mick