Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
James

Default x11-wm/razorqt

http://razor-qt.org

Well, KDE seems to know no end to "bloat".

So my search has begun. I like QT, so I'm
looking for something based on QT, but not
bloated like KDE.

razorqt seems new and interesting.
Has anyone any feedback about this
ebuild?

James

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM
john

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:53:04 +0000 (UTC)
James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> http://razor-qt.org
>

> Well, KDE seems to know no end to "bloat".
>
> So my search has begun. I like QT, so I'm
> looking for something based on QT, but not
> bloated like KDE.
>
> razorqt seems new and interesting.
> Has anyone any feedback about this
> ebuild?
>
> James

Have been using razorqt for several days now and have had no problems.
No problems using it and no problems ebuilding it on amd64 system

Works very well with openbox or xfwm4 as window managers. Its
simplicity is good. Configuration is easy.

Not too much to say really, its clean and I like it a lot.

Hopefully there is plenty more to come.

--
John D Maunder

Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
James

john <jdm <at> jdm.myzen.co.uk> writes:

> James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> > http://razor-qt.org

> Have been using razorqt for several days now and have had no problems.
> No problems using it and no problems ebuilding it on amd64 system
> Works very well with openbox or xfwm4 as window managers. Its
> simplicity is good. Configuration is easy.
> Not too much to say really, its clean and I like it a lot.
> Hopefully there is plenty more to come.

Wonderful news.
It's on my todo list
to put on some old
hardware.

I mostly use thunderbird, seamonkey and Korganizer and
libreoffice, so we shall see how those run on
this new minimal QT environment.

Thanks for the input.

James