FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Dale
 
Default Photo management programs

Michael Mol wrote:
> So I take a lot of pictures. A *lot* of pictures. Sometimes around
> 500/month, sometimes twice that if I manage to get out more. I've got
> a large number of 'DCIM' directories from different cameras, different
> camera models, etc, going back ten years. Sometimes in JPG, sometimes
> RAW, sometimes both.
>
> And I've never really managed them well.
>
> Does anyone have any photo management tool they like? I've got bits of
> Qt and Gtk installed already, and while I'd prefer to avoid pulling in
> a full desktop environment, I might--if the tool is good enough. It
> would have to:
>
> * Handle RAW (via libraw or dcraw is fine), JPEG, PNG[1] and TIFF[1]
> content and metadata
> * Index by metadata, including things like the recording camera's
> serial number[2]
> * Not be destructive, or ambiguous about being destructive, on image
> import. I tried using Amarok to organize my music, which is in similar
> disarray, and I was never sure if it was being destructive about the
> source files/folders. So I made copies. Which ultimately added to the
> disarray.
>
>
> [1] My postprocessing occasionally winds up in lossless formats like these.
> [2] My fiancee and I have the same model camera, and occasionally need
> to share memory cards, so I'd like to be able to use serial number to
> distinguish whose is whose.
>


As someone who also takes a LOT of pictures at times, I don't use
software, I just use directories. Mine starts out like this: Camera
directory > Year > subject matter > image That works for me. I used to
not have the year but that ends up with a LOT of pictures in a
directory. Example of mine as it goes to a actual image:

Camera-pics/2012/New Years/2012-01-05-8.JPG

I have been using gtkam to download my pics for years. Thing is, it has
a bug up its butt and wants to crash at random times, usually when
changing the directories. Anyway, it always crashes before I am done
and lets just say it gets on my freaking nerves. So, I tried digikam.
Well, my camera has multiple directories and for some reason it doesn't
show them all and then duplicates other images to boot. I may have 2 or
3 copies of the same picture. I have yet to figure out why that is and
google, now startpage, has not helped me either. Maybe I am searching
for the wrong thing?

If you want software to help manage your images, I'd try digikam. If it
works for you and your camera, it should do fine. If you want to go my
route, try gtkam and hope like heck it doesn't crash for you too. Right
now, both of those get on my nerves for different reasons.

Hope that helps and is clearer than mud. Maybe someone will come along
with a better plan for us both too. lol

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Paul Hartman
 
Default Photo management programs

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I take a lot of pictures. A *lot* of pictures. Sometimes around
> 500/month, sometimes twice that if I manage to get out more. I've got
> a large number of 'DCIM' directories from different cameras, different
> camera models, etc, going back ten years. Sometimes in JPG, sometimes
> RAW, sometimes both.
>
> And I've never really managed them well.
>
> Does anyone have any photo management tool they like? I've got bits of
> Qt and Gtk installed already, and while I'd prefer to avoid pulling in
> a full desktop environment, I might--if the tool is good enough. It
> would have to:
>
> * Handle RAW (via libraw or dcraw is fine), JPEG, PNG[1] and TIFF[1]
> content and metadata
> * Index by metadata, including things like the recording camera's
> serial number[2]
> * Not be destructive, or ambiguous about being destructive, on image
> import. I tried using Amarok to organize my music, which is in similar
> disarray, and I was never sure if it was being destructive about the
> source files/folders. So I made copies. Which ultimately added to the
> disarray.

I think Digikam can do all of it and more. Not sure how much of KDE
it will require...

Check out the features list at:
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/features
 
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Dale
 
Default Photo management programs

Dale wrote:

>
> As someone who also takes a LOT of pictures at times, I don't use
> software, I just use directories. Mine starts out like this: Camera
> directory > Year > subject matter > image That works for me. I used to
> not have the year but that ends up with a LOT of pictures in a
> directory. Example of mine as it goes to a actual image:
>
> Camera-pics/2012/New Years/2012-01-05-8.JPG
>
> I have been using gtkam to download my pics for years. Thing is, it has
> a bug up its butt and wants to crash at random times, usually when
> changing the directories. Anyway, it always crashes before I am done
> and lets just say it gets on my freaking nerves. So, I tried digikam.
> Well, my camera has multiple directories and for some reason it doesn't
> show them all and then duplicates other images to boot. I may have 2 or
> 3 copies of the same picture. I have yet to figure out why that is and
> google, now startpage, has not helped me either. Maybe I am searching
> for the wrong thing?
>
> If you want software to help manage your images, I'd try digikam. If it
> works for you and your camera, it should do fine. If you want to go my
> route, try gtkam and hope like heck it doesn't crash for you too. Right
> now, both of those get on my nerves for different reasons.
>
> Hope that helps and is clearer than mud. Maybe someone will come along
> with a better plan for us both too. lol
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)
>


I wanted to add some testing results. I mentioned I used gtkam and it
was bad to crash. Well, I experimented a bit and found out this. If I
disable the gimp USE flag, gtkam doesn't seem to crash. I tested for
longer than it usually lasts so it may crash again but it lasted through
a lot of clicking without crashing. It is a good sign at least. By the
way, gtkam crashed with a segmentation fault. I have debug turned on
but it doesn't seem to help much.

I may report this to the gtkam folks if it is not to much trouble. This
has been going on long enough. BTW, I don't use gtkam within GIMP
anyway. I only use GIMP after I have downloaded my pics.

At least if you go this way, you have a possible way to get it to not
crash.

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Todd Goodman
 
Default Photo management programs

* Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> [120304 15:12]:
> So I take a lot of pictures. A *lot* of pictures. Sometimes around
> 500/month, sometimes twice that if I manage to get out more. I've got
> a large number of 'DCIM' directories from different cameras, different
> camera models, etc, going back ten years. Sometimes in JPG, sometimes
> RAW, sometimes both.
>
> And I've never really managed them well.
>
> Does anyone have any photo management tool they like? I've got bits of
> Qt and Gtk installed already, and while I'd prefer to avoid pulling in
> a full desktop environment, I might--if the tool is good enough. It
> would have to:
>
> * Handle RAW (via libraw or dcraw is fine), JPEG, PNG[1] and TIFF[1]
> content and metadata
> * Index by metadata, including things like the recording camera's
> serial number[2]
> * Not be destructive, or ambiguous about being destructive, on image
> import. I tried using Amarok to organize my music, which is in similar
> disarray, and I was never sure if it was being destructive about the
> source files/folders. So I made copies. Which ultimately added to the
> disarray.
>
>
> [1] My postprocessing occasionally winds up in lossless formats like these.
> [2] My fiancee and I have the same model camera, and occasionally need
> to share memory cards, so I'd like to be able to use serial number to
> distinguish whose is whose.
>
> --
> :wq

I like Digikam a lot.

There's some rough edges, but part of that is because a lot of
development is being done all the time on it with lots of new features
added. Obviously sticking to a non-bleeding edge build would reduce
that a lot.

The developers are all quite responsive and the Gentoo packager
(Andreas) is very active too.

I run it from the command line without KDE running though it's a KDE app
(so you'll have to pull in bits of KDE.)

Try it though. It may not be the kind of managing you're looking for
(though I think it can do everything you've mentioned above with a
recent enough version.)

Todd
 
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Michael Mol
 
Default Photo management programs

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>> So I take a lot of pictures. A *lot* of pictures. Sometimes around
>> 500/month, sometimes twice that if I manage to get out more. I've got
>> a large number of 'DCIM' directories from different cameras, different
>> camera models, etc, going back ten years. Sometimes in JPG, sometimes
>> RAW, sometimes both.
>>
>> And I've never really managed them well.
>>
>> Does anyone have any photo management tool they like? I've got bits of
>> Qt and Gtk installed already, and while I'd prefer to avoid pulling in
>> a full desktop environment, I might--if the tool is good enough. It
>> would have to:
>>
>> * Handle RAW (via libraw or dcraw is fine), JPEG, PNG[1] and TIFF[1]
>> content and metadata
>> * Index by metadata, including things like the recording camera's
>> serial number[2]
>> * Not be destructive, or ambiguous about being destructive, on image
>> import. I tried using Amarok to organize my music, which is in similar
>> disarray, and I was never sure if it was being destructive about the
>> source files/folders. So I made copies. Which ultimately added to the
>> disarray.
>>
>>
>> [1] My postprocessing occasionally winds up in lossless formats like these.
>> [2] My fiancee and I have the same model camera, and occasionally need
>> to share memory cards, so I'd like to be able to use serial number to
>> distinguish whose is whose.
>>
>
>
> As someone who also takes a LOT of pictures at times, I don't use
> software, I just use directories. *Mine starts out like this: *Camera
> directory > Year > subject matter > image *That works for me. *I used to
> not have the year but that ends up with a LOT of pictures in a
> directory. *Example of mine as it goes to a actual image:
>
> Camera-pics/2012/New Years/2012-01-05-8.JPG
>
> I have been using gtkam to download my pics for years. *Thing is, it has
> a bug up its butt and wants to crash at random times, usually when
> changing the directories. *Anyway, it always crashes before I am done
> and lets just say it gets on my freaking nerves. *So, I tried digikam.
> Well, my camera has multiple directories and for some reason it doesn't
> show them all and then duplicates other images to boot. *I may have 2 or
> 3 copies of the same picture. *I have yet to figure out why that is and
> google, now startpage, has not helped me either. *Maybe I am searching
> for the wrong thing?
>
> If you want software to help manage your images, I'd try digikam. *If it
> works for you and your camera, it should do fine. *If you want to go my
> route, try gtkam and hope like heck it doesn't crash for you too. *Right
> now, both of those get on my nerves for different reasons.
>
> Hope that helps and is clearer than mud. *Maybe someone will come along
> with a better plan for us both too. *lol

Based on this and other posts in the thread, I'll probably give
digikam a try. I did want to clarify one point, though: I don't
connect the camera to the computer; I put the SD card into a card
reader, and copy from there.

--
:wq
 
Old 03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Dale
 
Default Photo management programs

Michael Mol wrote:

> Based on this and other posts in the thread, I'll probably give
> digikam a try. I did want to clarify one point, though: I don't
> connect the camera to the computer; I put the SD card into a card
> reader, and copy from there.
>


It is a nice program and I'm pretty sure it allows you to download from
your card too. I'm not sure gtkam will allow downloads from the card so
you are likely headed down the right road.

Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
beat. I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. I can't
figure out why tho. Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
do? Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 
Old 03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Michael Mol
 
Default Photo management programs

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>
>> Based on this and other posts in the thread, I'll probably give
>> digikam a try. I did want to clarify one point, though: I don't
>> connect the camera to the computer; I put the SD card into a card
>> reader, and copy from there.
>>
>
>
> It is a nice program and I'm pretty sure it allows you to download from
> your card too. ┬*I'm not sure gtkam will allow downloads from the card so
> you are likely headed down the right road.

Well, I use scp to move the files from machines with with card readers
to the machines I do processing. If digikam has any kind of 'import'
support, that'd do it.

>
> Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
> beat. ┬*I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. ┬*I can't
> figure out why tho. ┬*Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
> do? ┬*Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
> The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.

Check out the Eye-Fi?

http://www.eye.fi/

When I first heard about it, someone had just gotten a receiving
daemon written in Python to work with it.

--
:wq


Mon Mar 5 19:30:02 2012
Return-path: <bounce-debian-kernel=tom=linux-archive.org@lists.debian.org>
Envelope-to: tom@linux-archive.org
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:15:18 +0200
Received: from liszt.debian.org ([82.195.75.100]:50002)
by s2.java-tips.org with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
(Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <bounce-debian-kernel=tom=linux-archive.org@lists.debian.org>)
id 1S4bVG-00046n-3I
for tom@linux-archive.org; Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:15:18 +0200
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by liszt.debian.org (Postfix) with QMQP
id 43D6713A7382; Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:15:53 +0000 (UTC)
Old-Return-Path: <debbugs@busoni.debian.org>
X-Original-To: lists-debian-kernel@liszt.debian.org
Delivered-To: lists-debian-kernel@liszt.debian.org
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by liszt.debian.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 0787F13A73C4
for <lists-debian-kernel@liszt.debian.org>; Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:15:53 +0000 (UTC)
X-Virus-Scanned: at lists.debian.org with policy bank en-ht
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -4.9
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-4.9 tagged_above=-10000 required=5.3
tests=[BAYES_00=-2, FOURLA=0.1, IMPRONONCABLE_2=1,
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED=-4] autolearn=no
Received: from liszt.debian.org ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (lists.debian.org [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 2525)
with ESMTP id vou413hZvznq for <lists-debian-kernel@liszt.debian.org>;
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:15:41 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from busoni.debian.org (busoni.debian.org [140.211.15.34])
(using TLSv1 with cipher AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(Client did not present a certificate)
by liszt.debian.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 1973913A7020;
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:15:41 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from debbugs by busoni.debian.org with local (Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from <debbugs@busoni.debian.org>)
id 1S4bV3-0006vh-Pp; Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:15:05 +0000
X-Loop: owner@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Bug#656899: mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition warnings, in kernel log with kernel 3.2
Reply-To: Krzysztof =?UTF-8?Q?Młynarski?= <krzysztof.mlynarski@security.pl>, 656899@bugs.debian.org
Resent-From: Krzysztof =?UTF-8?Q?Młynarski?= <krzysztof.mlynarski@security.pl>
Resent-To: debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org
Resent-CC: Debian Kernel Team <debian-kernel@lists.debian.org>
X-Loop: owner@bugs.debian.org
Resent-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:15:04 +0000
Resent-Message-ID: <handler.656899.B656899.133096764726358@bugs.debia n.org>
X-Debian-PR-Message: followup 656899
X-Debian-PR-Package: src:linux-2.6
X-Debian-PR-Keywords: upstream confirmed
Received: via spool by 656899-submit@bugs.debian.org id´┐Ż56899.133096764726358
(code B ref 656899); Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:15:04 +0000
Received: (at 656899) by bugs.debian.org; 5 Mar 2012 17:14:07 +0000
X-Spam-Bayes: score:0.0000 Tokens: new, 259; hammy, 151; neutral, 200; spammy,
0. spammytokens: hammytokens:0.000-+--madduck, 0.000-+--H*u:x86_64,
0.000-+--UD:conf, 0.000-+--SMP, 0.000-+--squeeze1
Received: from srv.security.pl ([178.73.34.26])
by busoni.debian.org with smtp (Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from <krzysztof.mlynarski@security.pl>)
id 1S4bU6-0006qx-Pi
for 656899@bugs.debian.org; Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:14:07 +0000
Received: (qmail 8400 invoked by uid 89); 5 Mar 2012 18:07:24 +0100
Received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.1.226?) (krzysztof@teleinformatica.com.pl@178.73.34.27)
by srv.security.pl with ESMTPA; 5 Mar 2012 17:07:24 -0000
Message-ID: <4F54F2CB.4020702@security.pl>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:07:23 +0100
From: Krzysztof =?UTF-8?Q?Młynarski? <krzysztof.mlynarski@security.pl>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20120216 Thunderbird/10.0.2
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: 656899@bugs.debian.org
X-Enigmail-Version: 1.3.5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Greylist: delayed 399 seconds by postgrey-1.32 at busoni; Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:14:06 UTC
X-Rc-Virus: 2007-09-13_01
X-Mailing-List: <debian-kernel@lists.debian.org> archive/latest/80752
X-Loop: debian-kernel@lists.debian.org
List-Id: <debian-kernel.lists.debian.org>
List-URL: <http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/>
List-Post: <mailto:debian-kernel@lists.debian.org>
List-Help: <mailto:debian-kernel-request@lists.debian.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:debian-kernel-request@lists.debian.org?subject=subscribe>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:debian-kernel-request@lists.debian.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Precedence: list
Resent-Sender: debian-kernel-request@lists.debian.org

Same here, after upgrading from Lenny (stable) to Squeeze (stable):

# uname -a
Linux ibmersun 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:04:25 UTC 2012 i686
GNU/Linux
================================================== ========[...]
[ 3.058027] scsi2 : ioc0: LSISAS1068 B0, FwRev0a3100h, Ports=1,
MaxQ66, IRQ8
[ 3.099000] mptsas: ioc0: attaching sata device: fw_channel 0, fw_id
0, phy 0, sas_addr 0x1221000000000000
[ 3.102218] scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access ATA ST3250620NS
3BKH PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 3.104047] scsi 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 0
[ 3.105686] mptsas: ioc0: attaching sata device: fw_channel 0, fw_id
2, phy 2, sas_addr 0x1221000002000000
[ 3.108859] scsi 2:0:1:0: Direct-Access ATA ST3250620NS
3BKH PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[ 3.110685] scsi 2:0:1:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[ 3.118941] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] 488281250 512-byte logical blocks: (250
GB/232 GiB)
[ 3.119191] sd 2:0:1:0: [sdb] 488281250 512-byte logical blocks: (250
GB/232 GiB)
[ 3.166811] sd 2:0:1:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
[ 3.166814] sd 2:0:1:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 73 00 00 08
[ 3.169391] sd 2:0:1:0: [sdb] Write cache: enabled, read cache:
enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 3.169744] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
[ 3.169747] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 73 00 00 08
[ 3.172658] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: enabled, read cache:
enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[ 3.211041] sdb:
[ 3.213967] sda: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3
[ 3.227179] sda1 sda2 sda3
[ 3.338736] sd 2:0:1:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk
[ 3.347212] sd 2:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
[ 3.665106] md: raid1 personality registered for level 1
[ 3.668324] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.668326] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.668330] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.668331] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.668498] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.668501] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.668668] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.668670] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.670240] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.670242] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671193] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671195] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671330] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671333] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671644] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.671646] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.671663] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.671665] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.671670] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671671] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671789] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671791] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671928] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.671930] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.672293] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.672295] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.672492] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.672494] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.680140] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.680143] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.681772] md: md0 stopped.
[ 3.681869] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.681871] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.682085] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.682086] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.682322] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.682323] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.682659] md: bind<sdb2>
[ 3.682771] md: bind<sda2>
[ 3.683932] raid1: raid set md0 active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
[ 3.683947] md0: detected capacity change from 0 to 246611968
[ 3.685265] md0: unknown partition table
[ 3.686945] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.686947] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.700249] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.700252] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708262] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708265] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708412] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708415] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708632] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708635] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708862] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.708865] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.708881] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.708883] mdadm: sending ioctl 800c0910 to a partition!
[ 3.708888] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.708890] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709054] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709057] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709229] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709231] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709411] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709413] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709533] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.709535] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711075] md: md1 stopped.
[ 3.711093] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711095] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711331] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711332] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711517] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.711519] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.712048] md: bind<sdb3>
[ 3.713367] md: bind<sda3>
[ 3.714269] raid1: raid set md1 active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
[ 3.714283] md1: detected capacity change from 0 to 247753539584
[ 3.714903] md1: unknown partition table
[ 3.716596] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.716598] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 3.831853] PM: Starting manual resume from disk
[ 3.831856] PM: Resume from partition 8:1
[ 3.831857] PM: Checking hibernation image.
[ 3.832009] PM: Error -22 checking image file
[ 3.832011] PM: Resume from disk failed.
[ 3.839924] REISERFS (device md1): found reiserfs format "3.6" with
standard journal
[ 3.839933] REISERFS (device md1): using ordered data mode
[ 3.848303] REISERFS (device md1): journal params: device md1, size
8192, journal first block 18, max trans len 1024, max batch 900, max
commit age 30, max trans age 30
[ 3.848450] REISERFS (device md1): checking transaction log (md1)
[ 3.955120] REISERFS (device md1): Using r5 hash to sort names
[ 5.379435] udev[419]: starting version 164
[ 5.933303] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 5.933306] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 5.933311] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[ 5.933313] mdadm: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
[...]
================================================== ========# cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
# mdadm.conf
#
# Please refer to mdadm.conf(5) for information about this file.
#

# by default, scan all partitions (/proc/partitions) for MD superblocks.
# alternatively, specify devices to scan, using wildcards if desired.
DEVICE partitions

# auto-create devices with Debian standard permissions
CREATE owner=root group=disk mode60 auto=yes

# automatically tag new arrays as belonging to the local system
HOMEHOST <system>

# instruct the monitoring daemon where to send mail alerts
MAILADDR root

# definitions of existing MD arrays
ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid1 num-devices=2
UUID393dd2:4fe24092:099dc5f6:c83764a7
ARRAY /dev/md1 level=raid1 num-devices=2
UUIDZ9e75c0:b196fd69:78e3d437:75c57ac3

# This file was auto-generated on Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:50:28 +0000
# by mkconf $Id: mkconf 261 2006-11-09 13:32:35Z madduck $
================================================== ========# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
md1 : active raid1 sda3[0] sdb3[1]
241946816 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md0 : active raid1 sda2[0] sdb2[1]
240832 blocks [2/2] [UU]

unused devices: <none>
================================================== ========ii linux-image-2.6.32-5-686 2.6.32-41
ii mdadm 3.1.4-1+8efb9d1+squeeze1
================================================== ========
Everything is working well (no hungs, no disk I/O problems of any kind)
so far...

Bestest,
-Chris





--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/4F54F2CB.4020702@security.pl
 
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Todd Goodman
 
Default Photo management programs

* Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> [120305 12:09]:
[..]
> Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
> beat. I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. I can't
> figure out why tho. Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
> do? Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
> The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.
>
> Dale

Have you tried a more recent Digikam Dale?

They use libgphoto2 (I believe) and also recently pulled in more support
internally (again, I believe) so they continue to improve camera
support.

I don't know offhand what's what in the latest Gentoo stable and testing
ebuilds though as I build from the upstream git in most cases.

Todd
 
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Dale
 
Default Photo management programs

Todd Goodman wrote:
> * Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> [120305 12:09]:
> [..]
>> Honestly, if digikam worked right with my camera, I'd use it in a heart
>> beat. I like it but I can't get my pics to show up right. I can't
>> figure out why tho. Maybe I should try getting from the stick like you
>> do? Thing is, I leave my camera on the tri-pod about 90% of the time.
>> The card is on the bottom of mine beside the battery.
>>
>> Dale
>
> Have you tried a more recent Digikam Dale?
>
> They use libgphoto2 (I believe) and also recently pulled in more support
> internally (again, I believe) so they continue to improve camera
> support.
>
> I don't know offhand what's what in the latest Gentoo stable and testing
> ebuilds though as I build from the upstream git in most cases.
>
> Todd
>
>


Yep, I unmasked and unkeyworded the ones that were available at the
time. Is "unkeyworded" a word in Gentoo? Hmmmm. I did file a roach
report with gtkam on the crash and that the gimp plugin seems to trigger
it. Maybe they will have a fix. Since I don't use gtkam from within
Gimp, I don't really care myself but I would like to help fix it for
someone else who does use it that way. There is some more updates I
could do tho. Here is the current versions:

root@fireball / # equery list gtkam libgphoto2 libexif-gtk gtk+
* Searching for gtkam ...
[IP-] [ ] media-gfx/gtkam-0.1.18:0

* Searching for libgphoto2 ...
[IP-] [ ] media-libs/libgphoto2-2.4.11-r1:0

* Searching for libexif-gtk ...
[IP-] [ ] media-libs/libexif-gtk-0.3.5-r2:0

* Searching for gtk+ ...
[IP-] [ ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.8-r1:2
[IP-] [ ] x11-libs/gtk+-3.0.12-r1:3
root@fireball / #

When I add the -p option I see newer ones that have been added since I
played with this. May have a new project. Maybe update that stuff then
try the gimp flag again.

The problem with Digikam is weird and sort of hard to explain. My
camera has directories sorted by the date. Sometimes I have 15 or 20
directories. Digikam seems to show a couple directories in one view
window but ignores the rest. Then on top of that, some images with the
same file name are duplicated, some even more than twice. Is that
called triplicated? lol

I think it is a setting or something that I am missing. It could be a
bug but I think it is just a bad setting or some setting I need to
change but can't find. It wouldn't be the first time I didn't have a
light bulb moment. o_O

Now that I have gtkam working, at least I can get my pics off and it not
crash part way through. So, I'm not to worried about digikam but may
play with it some more, especially if it updates again. Maybe I should
check the USE flags again too. Maybe that would help some.

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 
Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Dale
 
Default Photo management programs

Michael Mol wrote:

> Check out the Eye-Fi?
>
> http://www.eye.fi/
>
> When I first heard about it, someone had just gotten a receiving
> daemon written in Python to work with it.
>


Well, I don't have any wi-fi around here. I live in the sticks but I
still don't want that, not yet at least. It does look neat tho. I also
am going to have to get a new card. My old one is getting slow. I
think it is old age, like me. lol

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org