Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 PM

Default bind-9.8.1_p1 recompilation failed...

Jarry <mr.jarry@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01-Mar-12 21:29, walt wrote:
> > On 03/01/2012 09:55 AM, Jarry wrote:
> >> What could be the problem? I remember just yesterday I updated
> >> bind from 9.7.4_p1 to 9.8.1_p1, but today recompilation simply
> >> failed...
> >
> > I'm getting exactly the same error, so I'd say the ebuild is broken.
>
> You might be right. After resyncing portage today bind does not
> want to be re-emerged (yet I did it just to be sure it works).
> Short check revealed that "-static-libs%" has been removed from
> use-flags...
>
> <OT>: recently I noticed many times that a certain use-flag has
> been activated for application, but removed a after a few days.
> Not a big problem for "small" applications, but might be quite
> annoying if I have to recompile gcc two times in two days, for
> all of my servers. Seems to me like insufficient testing and
> this should never happen in case of stable releases...</OT>
>
> Jarry
In bind 9.9.0 I am getting undefined access to main, so things seem to
be getting much worse.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sergei Trofimovich

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 11:34:54 -0500
covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> Jarry <mr.jarry@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'm getting exactly the same error, so I'd say the ebuild is broken.
> >
> > You might be right. After resyncing portage today bind does not
> > want to be re-emerged (yet I did it just to be sure it works).
> > Short check revealed that "-static-libs%" has been removed from
> > use-flags...
> >
> > <OT>: recently I noticed many times that a certain use-flag has
> > been activated for application, but removed a after a few days.
> > Not a big problem for "small" applications, but might be quite
> > annoying if I have to recompile gcc two times in two days, for
> > all of my servers. Seems to me like insufficient testing and
> > this should never happen in case of stable releases...</OT>
> >
> > Jarry
> In bind 9.9.0 I am getting undefined access to main, so things seem to
> be getting much worse.

Can you fill a bug report to bugs.gentoo.org about it or lookup existing one
with your problem? Build problems are usually easies to resolve.

--

Sergei