Old 03-04-2012, 03:30 PM

Default cairo-1.10.2 fails to emerge --missing file

Hi. In my last update, the system wanted to emerge
x11-libs/cairo-1.10.2-r2, but the file EGL/egl.h is missing. Now that file
used to be provided by media-libs/mesa, but it seems the file is no
longer there.
I am running gentoo unstable 64-bit.

Any ideas as to how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 03-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Mark Knecht

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM, <covici@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> Hi. *In my last update, the system wanted to emerge
> x11-libs/cairo-1.10.2-r2, but the file EGL/egl.h is missing. *Now that file
> used to be provided by media-libs/mesa, but it seems the file is no
> longer there.
> I am running gentoo unstable 64-bit.
>
> Any ideas as to how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I guess it's called 'testing' for a reason?

File a bug report.

- Mark

Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM, <covici@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> > Hi. *In my last update, the system wanted to emerge
> > x11-libs/cairo-1.10.2-r2, but the file EGL/egl.h is missing. *Now that file
> > used to be provided by media-libs/mesa, but it seems the file is no
> > longer there.
> > I am running gentoo unstable 64-bit.
> >
> > Any ideas as to how to solve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >

> I guess it's called 'testing' for a reason?
>
> File a bug report.
I may do that, downgrading mesa fix it and I discovered that the version
of mesa which portage installed as an update was masked -- I wonder why
it did that at all.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici