Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM
czernitko

Default htop showing black screen

Hello everyone,
I've recently installed 64bit hardened gentoo server in VirtualBox on our main server and I've emerged htop. After running it I got only the black screen, i wasn't able to kill it with ctrl+c and after that even 'kill -9' stopped working from any other console/ssh session. I wasn't even able to run 'ps' or 'top', I could only end the ssh session. After losing some bunch of hairs I've recompiled sys-process/procps and everything went back to normal with htop happily working. So I'm just writing to let anyone know in case you run into some similar problem. I am curious if anyone has any explanation, but I've personally sorted that problem into weird-and-not-to-be-curious-about-anymore group.

Regards,
Peter