Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
trevor donahue

Default Awesome WM, io.popen() attempt to index io nil value

Hi folks,is anyone of you using awesome wm?I've been struggling with a little bit of a problem lately, wanted to create a widget that retrieves gmail data using curl. The problem encountered is the function io.popen() that returns nil [attempt to index io nil value] (as having an error in lua) even though not doing anything special, tested also with ls -l and other trivial bash commands...*

Can somebody help me resolve the problem?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
trevor donahue

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.7the docalso found on other resources scripts using IO not io, that still aint working...

--
Thanks,Donahue Trevor

Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Michael Mol

I use AwesomeWM, but I haven't messed with the Lua side of things. You
might try in #awesome on Freenode.

--
:wq

Old 03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Michael Mol

Er. #awesome on OFTC apparently has more users.

--
:wq

Old 03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira