Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default Help! HP625 WLAN is driving me nuts

Hi,

I'm trying to get WLAN working on my HP625 laptop.
I've checked several web pages but I'm lost.

I'm using a recent kernel (3.3-rc5+).
I configured CONFIG_BRCMUTIL=m CONFIG_BRCMSMAC=m CONFIG_BRCMFMAC=m and
I installed the coresponding firmware in /lib/firmware/brcm

Now, lspci -k shows
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 145c
Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge

and even

iwconfig shows
wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSIDff/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=0 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
Encryption keyff
Power Managementn

I have net.wlan0 symlinked to net.lo.

Now, when I try
/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start

the screen gets blanked on a console as well as from an XTerm
and the kernel crashes totally, i.e. the emergency reboot doesn't work
either. And trying to do an strace with output to a file shows that
even this output file doesn't exist (i.e. hasn't been closed)

So, what can I try next?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.