-   -   Help! HP625 WLAN is driving me nuts (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/638962-help-hp625-wlan-driving-me-nuts.html)

Helmut Jarausch 02-29-2012 10:28 AM

Help! HP625 WLAN is driving me nuts

Hi,

I'm trying to get WLAN working on my HP625 laptop.
I've checked several web pages but I'm lost.

I'm using a recent kernel (3.3-rc5+).
I configured CONFIG_BRCMUTIL=m CONFIG_BRCMSMAC=m CONFIG_BRCMFMAC=m and
I installed the coresponding firmware in /lib/firmware/brcm

Now, lspci -k shows
06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 145c
Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge

and even

iwconfig shows
wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=0 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on

I have net.wlan0 symlinked to net.lo.

Now, when I try
/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start

the screen gets blanked on a console as well as from an XTerm
and the kernel crashes totally, i.e. the emergency reboot doesn't work
either. And trying to do an strace with output to a file shows that
even this output file doesn't exist (i.e. hasn't been closed)

So, what can I try next?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.