Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 AM
"J. Roeleveld"

Default old cyrus-imapd from overlay

On Wed, February 29, 2012 9:10 am, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 2012-02-29 08:23, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
>> Stefan,
>>
>> I haven't had problems with upgrading, but I didn't "wait" this long.
>> Eg. I didn't migrate from 2.1 to 2.4 directly.
>
> *SIGH* ;-)
>
>> I would suggest you check on the cyrus-imap mailing list (see bottom of
>> email) for tips. Installing it is simple, but there are a few changes
>> with
>> some of the files.
>>
>> A safer method would be running the 2 versions in parallel and using
>> imapsync or something similar to copy the email over to the new version.
>
> Sure, yes. I have to research how to do that for hundreds of mailboxes
> in one command ...

There is an example for this on the project homepage:
http://imapsync.lamiral.info/
All you need is the usernames/passwords for the different users.

> I have 2.4.12 on the newer box already, will look that up asap.

If you want to still try to copy the mail over, you need to look into
converting the *.db files.

--
Joost

Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 AM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 2012-02-29 09:35, schrieb J. Roeleveld:

> On Wed, February 29, 2012 9:10 am, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>> Sure, yes. I have to research how to do that for hundreds of
>> mailboxes in one command ...
>
> There is an example for this on the project homepage:
> http://imapsync.lamiral.info/ All you need is the usernames/passwords
> for the different users.

hmm, found it already, thanks ... a bit uncomfortable.
I would have to extract user/pws from the mysql-DB ... but they are
crypted there afaik ... will look at my DB-backups now.

>> I have 2.4.12 on the newer box already, will look that up asap.
>
> If you want to still try to copy the mail over, you need to look
> into converting the *.db files.

Thanks for the hint.