Old 02-25-2012, 07:33 AM
William Kenworthy

Default fstab entries for /proc and tmpfs

just building a new qemu appliance and following the handbook it
mentions the /proc an tmpfs file systems in fstab, but the stage
template no longer has these entries - is the handbook out of date and
openrc handles it? - or did I accidentally delete them? Do I still need
those entries ... that will be answered I guess when I get to the reboot
stage

BillK

Old 02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Michael Hampicke

> just building a new qemu appliance and following the handbook it
> mentions the /proc an tmpfs file systems in fstab, but the stage
> template no longer has these entries - is the handbook out of date and
> openrc handles it? - or did I accidentally delete them? Do I still need
> those entries ... that will be answered I guess when I get to the reboot
> stage

This stuff is handeld by openrc, if I remember correctly it was
/etc/init.d/sysfs and devfs

There are no entries for proc and tmpfs in fstab