Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Grant

Default mask all packages but 1 from an overlay?

Can I mask all packages from a layman overlay except for one?

- Grant

Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I mask all packages from a layman overlay except for one?

Check out Mark Knecht's thread from 5 hours ago asking the same question.

Short answer was don't let portage see the overlay, instead symlink
the packages you want to your local overlay instead, so only they will
be seen by portage, while still allowing you to sync the overlay as
usual.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Grant

>> Can I mask all packages from a layman overlay except for one?
>
> Check out Mark Knecht's thread from 5 hours ago asking the same question.

Ouch, sorry. I bet he was doing the exact same thing I'm doing. Darn
poppler, eh Mark! The version number is the same so you can't mask it
out even temporarily.

> Short answer was don't let portage see the overlay, instead symlink
> the packages you want to your local overlay instead, so only they will
> be seen by portage, while still allowing you to sync the overlay as
> usual.

Based on that info, I just copied it into /usr/local/portage. It's
hal so I don't think there is to much likelihood of an update.

- Grant