Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Grant

Default Anyone using gnash?

If I understand it correctly, gnash is a substitute for adobe-flash?
Is anyone using it? It wouldn't work on the first flash page I tried
but maybe it needs a special config or something?

- Grant

Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Jorge Martínez López

Hi!

2012/2/20 Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com>:
> If I understand it correctly, gnash is a substitute for adobe-flash?
> Is anyone using it? *It wouldn't work on the first flash page I tried
> but maybe it needs a special config or something?
>
> - Grant

I tried it some months ago, it didn't work with Youtube and I left it.
As much as I want to drop the closed source Flash client I think HTML5
will be there first.

Greetings,
--
Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@gmail.com> http://www.jorgeml.net
* * * Google Talk / XMPP: jorgeml@gmail.com

Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Alecks Gates

Yup, and you can already view a lot of youtube videos in html5.* Not all of them, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Alecks Gates, sent from Android on an HTC G2

Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Grant

>> If I understand it correctly, gnash is a substitute for adobe-flash?
>> Is anyone using it? *It wouldn't work on the first flash page I tried
>> but maybe it needs a special config or something?
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> I tried it some months ago, it didn't work with Youtube and I left it.
> As much as I want to drop the closed source Flash client I think HTML5
> will be there first.

Got it, thanks.

- Grant

Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Stroller

On 20 February 2012, at 18:14, Jorge Martínez López wrote:
> I tried it some months ago, it didn't work with Youtube and I left it.

"Last time I used it it worked on most major porn sites plus Youtube."

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/ptvtc/gnash_0810_released_a_free_software_replacement/c3s7hlj?context=9

Stroller.