Old 02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Mark Knecht

Default Remaining bundled dependencies

I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has put
there for development reasons?

Full disclosure: This is from a package built using an overlay and not
from the standard repositories.

Thanks,
Mark

* Remaining bundled dependencies:
* - extern/eltopo
* - extern/libredcode
* - extern/lzo
* - extern/binreloc
* - extern/lzma
* - extern/recastnavigation
* - extern/libmv

Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:30:40 -0800
Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
> before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
> me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has put
> there for development reasons?

I'd guess it's the latter.

What kind of message is it (QA? something else?)

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Anthoine Bourgeois

2012/2/20 Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>:
> I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
> before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
> me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has put
> there for development reasons?
>
> Full disclosure: This is from a package built using an overlay and not
> from the standard repositories.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>

> ** Remaining bundled dependencies:
> ** - extern/eltopo
> ** - extern/libredcode
> ** - extern/lzo
> ** - extern/binreloc
> ** - extern/lzma
> ** - extern/recastnavigation
> ** - extern/libmv

No, it's not significant for you. It's more like a todo list for me.
I'll remove this warning message to avoid a misunderstanding.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Mark Knecht

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Anthoine Bourgeois
<anthoine.bourgeois@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/20 Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>:
>> I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
>> before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
>> me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has put
>> there for development reasons?
>>
>> Full disclosure: This is from a package built using an overlay and not
>> from the standard repositories.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>>

>> ** Remaining bundled dependencies:
>> ** - extern/eltopo
>> ** - extern/libredcode
>> ** - extern/lzo
>> ** - extern/binreloc
>> ** - extern/lzma
>> ** - extern/recastnavigation
>> ** - extern/libmv
>>

> No, it's not significant for you. It's more like a todo list for me.
> I'll remove this warning message to avoid a misunderstanding.

Great info. Thanks.

Don't remove it just to make me happy. I was more curious than
anything else. This version of Blender, the first I've actually tried
to run, seems to work fine here, at least based on the 10 minutes of
playing around that I did rendering a sphere and cube together.

Cheers,
Mark

Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:10:41 +0100
Anthoine Bourgeois <anthoine.bourgeois@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/2/20 Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>:
> > I've never seen this message about 'Remaining bundled dependencies'
> > before. Just curious as to whether this is significant in any way to
> > me as a user or is it just a message that the ebuild developer has
> > put there for development reasons?
> >
> > Full disclosure: This is from a package built using an overlay and
> > not from the standard repositories.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> > ** Remaining bundled dependencies:
> > ** - extern/eltopo
> > ** - extern/libredcode
> > ** - extern/lzo
> > ** - extern/binreloc
> > ** - extern/lzma
> > ** - extern/recastnavigation
> > ** - extern/libmv
> >

> No, it's not significant for you. It's more like a todo list for me.
> I'll remove this warning message to avoid a misunderstanding.

Like Mark says, it's better if you leave it in.

It's not annoying - what it does is give us users warm and fuzzies that
the maintainer actually looks at it and takes the trouble to document
important things still to be done.

I often wish I see more things like that.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com