Old 02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Jarry

Default Cryptic output from emerge

I have seen this message yesterday.
Just add "dev-libs/beecrypt threads" to /etc/portage/package.use
and you'll be fine...

Jarry

On 19-Feb-12 15:18, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
Calculating dependencies /

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for dev-libs/beecrypt from @selected ... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "dev-libs/beecrypt" has unmet requirements.
- dev-libs/beecrypt-4.2.1::gentoo USE="cxx (multilib) -doc -java -python -static-libs -threads"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
cxx? ( threads )

(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
[1] 19260 exit 1 emerge --color=n --newuse --update --tree --deep world -vp

Old 02-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Jarry <mr.jarry@gmail.com> [12-02-19 15:32]:
> I have seen this message yesterday.
> Just add "dev-libs/beecrypt threads" to /etc/portage/package.use
> and you'll be fine...
>
> Jarry
>
> On 19-Feb-12 15:18, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
> > Calculating dependencies /
> >
> > !!! Problem resolving dependencies for dev-libs/beecrypt from
> >@selected
> >
> > ... done!
> >
> > !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "dev-libs/beecrypt" has unmet
> >requirements.
> > - dev-libs/beecrypt-4.2.1::gentoo USE="cxx (multilib) -doc -java
> >-python -static-libs -threads"
> >
> > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> > cxx? ( threads )
> >
> > (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
> > (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
> > [1] 19260 exit 1 emerge --color=n --newuse --update --tree
> >--deep world -vp

> Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.

Thanks a lot for your help! I was unsure about this cause of
the question mark after cxx...

Best regards,
mcc

Old 02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:18:28 +0100
meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi
>
> After an
>
> emerge --color=n --newuse --update --tree --deep world -vp
>
> I got this output. What does the line with "cxx?" want say to me?
>

> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
>
> Calculating dependencies /
>
> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for dev-libs/beecrypt from
> @selected ...
> done!
>
> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "dev-libs/beecrypt" has unmet
> requirements.
> - dev-libs/beecrypt-4.2.1::gentoo USE="cxx (multilib) -doc -java
> -python -static-libs -threads"
>
> The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> cxx? ( threads )
>
> (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
> [1] 19260 exit 1 emerge --color=n --newuse --update --tree
> --deep world -vp
>
> Thank you very much in advance for a help...

It means that if you have "USE=cxx" set for dev-libs/beecrypt, then you
must also have "USE=threads" set for the package. Note that it only
applies to this package, it doesn't mean you must set the flags
globally.

The emerge output shows that you indeed have not met these
requirements. You must either unset cxx or set threads.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:48:29 +0100, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> > > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> > > cxx? ( threads )

> Thanks a lot for your help! I was unsure about this cause of
> the question mark after cxx...

It's a conditional, it basically means

if USE contains cxx then USE must contain threads.

--
Neil Bothwick

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?