Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Default How to acchieve the opposite of 'provided'...so to say ?

Hi,

I want to make certain packages immune against "emerge --depclean"
even when startet without "--pretend" (or other actions to remove
packages which emerge evaluates as obsoloted and no longe in use).

How can I acchieve this?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Have a nce sunday!
Best regards,
mcc

Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:35:32 +0100
meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make certain packages immune against "emerge --depclean"
> even when startet without "--pretend" (or other actions to remove
> packages which emerge evaluates as obsoloted and no longe in use).
>
> How can I acchieve this?

Put those packages in world

If you don't want to clutter your world file, create a custom set
in /etc/portage/sets/ and put that set in world. Same overall effect
with some extra nice categorization

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:35:32 +0100, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> I want to make certain packages immune against "emerge --depclean"
> even when startet without "--pretend" (or other actions to remove
> packages which emerge evaluates as obsoloted and no longe in use).
>
> How can I acchieve this?

emerge -n package

Nothing in the world files is ever depcleaned.

--
Neil Bothwick

Secret hacker rule #11: hackers read manuals.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Willie Matthews

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:44:58 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:35:32 +0100
> meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to make certain packages immune against "emerge --depclean"
> > even when startet without "--pretend" (or other actions to remove
> > packages which emerge evaluates as obsoloted and no longe in use).
> >
> > How can I acchieve this?
>
> Put those packages in world
>
> If you don't want to clutter your world file, create a custom set
> in /etc/portage/sets/ and put that set in world. Same overall effect
> with some extra nice categorization

emerge --noreplace <package name>. If you do it that way you will not
have to rebuild it!

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com