FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-18-2012, 05:37 AM
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

Hi,

I want to compile hydrogen cleanly.

Since the ebuild of hydrogen fails to compile because
the system "linux3" is not known (which happens even
when compiled on a linux-2.6*-booted machine)...

I was pointed to patch which fixes this problem, but
unfortunately it only opens the way to the next problem.

I decided to try to compile hydrogen from vanilla sources
and outside the emerge/portage system to better understand
wahts happening.

When doing so, one has to set QTDIR and then run scons.

Hydrogen needs qt4.

I set QTDIR to /usr/share/qt4.

The compilation fails because QtGui could not be found.

QtGui is here /usr/include/qt4/Qt/QtGui which is a file which
includes all relevant header file in one go.

So I tried to set QTDIR to /usr/include/qt4 but this produces
the same problem.

I decided to hack the relevant file of hydorgen and hardcoded
the path to QtGui directly into the include statement. No comments
on this please, it is a bad bad ugly thing to do so. I simply
wa curious to see next problem...

And I was not dissappointed. This time the QtGui-file could not
find the first header file which it includes:

#include <QtCore/QtCore>

To hack also /usr/include/qt4/Qt/QtGui is no way.

So....either hydrogens build mechanism does not fit the installation
of Qt4 on my Gentoo system (Qt4 was installed via emerge/portage) or
it has a bug or the problem sits right in front of my monitor and
is currently writing a post to the gentoo-users mailinglist...

In the latter case the chance are not small, that I will be able to
fix the problem...

If I only would know, how )

What did I wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Best regards
mcc
 
Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Paul Hartman
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> I want to compile hydrogen cleanly.
>
> Since the ebuild of hydrogen fails to compile because
> the system "linux3" is not known (which happens even
> when compiled on a linux-2.6*-booted machine)...

You may want to try the ebuild again. I'm using kernel 3.2.6 on ~amd64
and just emerged media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5 no problems at all.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 AM
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> [12-02-18 09:04]:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I want to compile hydrogen cleanly.
> >
> > Since the ebuild of hydrogen fails to compile because
> > the system "linux3" is not known (which happens even
> > when compiled on a linux-2.6*-booted machine)...
>
> You may want to try the ebuild again. I'm using kernel 3.2.6 on ~amd64
> and just emerged media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5 no problems at all.
>

Hi Paul,

thanks for yor reply.

The result is:

solfire:/home/user>sudo emerge hydrogen
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5
>>> Downloading 'http://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz'
--2012-02-18 09:52:47-- http://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz
Resolving de-mirror.org... 87.106.54.147
Connecting to de-mirror.org|87.106.54.147|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: http://de-mirror.org/gentoo/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz [following]
--2012-02-18 09:52:47-- http://de-mirror.org/gentoo/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz
Reusing existing connection to de-mirror.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 5239702 (5.0M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `/usr/portage/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 5,239,702 239K/s in 22s

2012-02-18 09:53:09 (238 KB/s) - `/usr/portage/distfiles/hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz' saved [5239702/5239702]

* hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
* Applying portaudio.patch ...
[ ok ]
* Applying hydrogen-0.9.5-use_lrdf_pkgconfig.patch ...
[ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Exception: Platform 'linux3' not supported:
File "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct", line 378:
includes, a , b = get_platform_flags( opts )
File "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct", line 103:
raise Exception( "Platform '%s' not supported" % sys.platform )
* ERROR: media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5 failed (compile phase):
* (no error message)
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 85: Called src_compile
* environment, line 2405: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* scons prefix=/usr DESTDIR="${D}" optflags="${CXXFLAGS}" ${myconf} || die
*
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5'.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5'

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/build.log'


As mentioned in my previous post, the problem is not the kernel
version and after getting over this bug there are others ahead.

How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!
Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:56:03 +0100, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Exception: Platform 'linux3' not supported:
> File
> "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct",
> line 378: includes, a , b = get_platform_flags( opts ) File
> "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct",
> line 103: raise Exception( "Platform '%s' not supported" % sys.platform
> )

This is not related to your kernel version AFAICT. sys.platform is set to
linux2 on the two systems running version 3 kernels I've tried it on.
According to the python docs

"Changed in version 2.7.3: Since lots of code check for sys.platform ==
'linux2', and there is no essential change between Linux 2.x and 3.x,
sys.platform is always set to 'linux2', even on Linux 3.x. In Python 3.3
and later, the value will always be set to 'linux', so it is recommended
to always use the startswith idiom presented above."

It sounds like you are using an older python.


--
Neil Bothwick

If you think that there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Paul Hartman
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM, <meino.cramer@gmx.de> wrote:
> As mentioned in my previous post, the problem is not the kernel
> version and after getting over this bug there are others ahead.

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread.

It's strange that it emerges normally for me, and the program works,
too. If there's any info about my setup that we can compare, please
ask me.

> How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?

Because Qt4 is not segregated into its own directory like Qt3 was, I
would try setting QTDIR=/usr and see if it works. I have not tried
this myself.
 
Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> [12-02-18 10:28]:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:56:03 +0100, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > Exception: Platform 'linux3' not supported:
> > File
> > "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct",
> > line 378: includes, a , b = get_platform_flags( opts ) File
> > "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct",
> > line 103: raise Exception( "Platform '%s' not supported" % sys.platform
> > )
>
> This is not related to your kernel version AFAICT. sys.platform is set to
> linux2 on the two systems running version 3 kernels I've tried it on.
> According to the python docs
>
> "Changed in version 2.7.3: Since lots of code check for sys.platform ==
> 'linux2', and there is no essential change between Linux 2.x and 3.x,
> sys.platform is always set to 'linux2', even on Linux 3.x. In Python 3.3
> and later, the value will always be set to 'linux', so it is recommended
> to always use the startswith idiom presented above."
>
> It sounds like you are using an older python.
>
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> If you think that there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.



Hi Neil,

now it becomes more complicate (at least for me...

With

eselect python list

I get

Available Python interpreters:
[1] python2.6
[2] python2.7
[3] python3.1
[4] python3.2 *

Compiling hydrogen with this settings I get:
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5
* hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking hydrogen-0.9.5.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
* Applying portaudio.patch ...
[ ok ]
* Applying hydrogen-0.9.5-use_lrdf_pkgconfig.patch ...
[ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5 ...
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Exception: Platform 'linux3' not supported:
File "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct", line 378:
includes, a , b = get_platform_flags( opts )
File "/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5/Sconstruct", line 103:
raise Exception( "Platform '%s' not supported" % sys.platform )
* ERROR: media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5 failed (compile phase):
* (no error message)
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 85: Called src_compile
* environment, line 2405: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* scons prefix=/usr DESTDIR="${D}" optflags="${CXXFLAGS}" ${myconf} || die
*
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5'.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/work/hydrogen-0.9.5'

>>> Failed to emerge media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/hydrogen-0.9.5/temp/build.log'



eix -n dev-lang/python results in:


[i] dev-lang/python
Available versions:
(2.5) 2.5.4-r4
(2.6) 2.6.6-r2 ~2.6.7-r2
(2.7) 2.7.2-r3
(3.1) 3.1.4-r3
(3.2) 3.2.2
{-berkdb build doc elibc_uclibc examples gdbm ipv6 +ncurses +readline sqlite +ssl +threads tk +wide-unicode wininst +xml}
Installed versions: 2.6.6-r2(2.6)(18:09:51 10/19/11)(doc examples gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads tk wide-unicode xml -berkdb -build -elibc_uclibc -wininst) 2.7.2-r3(2.7)(01:33:12 10/28/11)(doc examples gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads tk wide-unicode xml -berkdb -build -elibc_uclibc -wininst) 3.1.4-r3(3.1)(01:35:36 10/28/11)(doc examples gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads tk wide-unicode xml -build -elibc_uclibc -wininst) 3.2.2(3.2)(00:00:43 02/18/12)(doc examples gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads tk wide-unicode xml -build -elibc_uclibc -wininst)
Homepage: http://www.python.org/
Description: Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.


Is there anything newer than what I have installed and eselected?


I am still confused...

Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Alex Schuster
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?

QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.

Wonko
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 PM
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:
> meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
>
> > How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?
>
> QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.
>
> Wonko
>

When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
not set and breaks...

Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> [12-02-18 14:40]:
> Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:
> > meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
> >
> > > How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?
> >
> > QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.
> >
> > Wonko
> >
>
> When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
> not set and breaks...
>
> Best regards,
> mcc
>
>
>


Right after reinstalling Qt-4.7 (core) and QtGui
emerging museseq it fails with



***************** WARNING *****************

YOU HAVE NOT SET YOUR 'QTDIR' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE!!!

This is the source of most people's problems when
configuring muse. If the configuration fails to find
qt, try setting your QTDIR environment variable to
the directory where qt is installed.

*******************************************


checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
checking for QT libraries ()... no
checking for QT moc (moc)... no
checking for QT uic (uic)... no
configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0


Something is very very rotten here...but I dont not what...

Any help in sight at the horizon ... ?

Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Alex Schuster
 
Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> [12-02-18 14:40]:
> > Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:
> > > meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
> > >
> > > > How do I have to set QTDIR correctly under Gentoo/Qt4 ?
> > >
> > > QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.

> > When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
> > not set and breaks...

> Right after reinstalling Qt-4.7 (core) and QtGui
> emerging museseq it fails with
>
>
>
> ***************** WARNING *****************
>
> YOU HAVE NOT SET YOUR 'QTDIR' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE!!!
>
> This is the source of most people's problems when
> configuring muse. If the configuration fails to find
> qt, try setting your QTDIR environment variable to
> the directory where qt is installed.
>
> *******************************************

This variable was necessary for Qt3, because that was often installed in
unusual locations like /usr/qt/3. Qt4 uses the normal hierarchy, with
stuff being installed in /usr/bn, /usr/lib, and so on. So this variable
should not be needed any more.

> checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
> checking for QT libraries ()... no
> checking for QT moc (moc)... no
> checking for QT uic (uic)... no
> configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
>
>
> Something is very very rotten here...but I dont not what...
>
> Any help in sight at the horizon ... ?

My guess would be that musesq uses Qt3 only, not Qt4.

Someone has the same problem here[*], and someone else came up with a
new ebuild for musesq-2.0_beta2. If that's newer than yours, give that a
try.
[*] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04168.html

Wonko
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org