Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Default Still trying to compile hydrogen

Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 15:08]:
> meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
>
> > meino.cramer@gmx.de <meino.cramer@gmx.de> [12-02-18 14:40]:
> > > Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:

> > > When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
> > > not set and breaks...
>
> > Right after reinstalling Qt-4.7 (core) and QtGui
> > emerging museseq it fails with
> >

> > ***************** WARNING *****************
> >
> > YOU HAVE NOT SET YOUR 'QTDIR' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE!!!
> >
> > This is the source of most people's problems when
> > configuring muse. If the configuration fails to find
> > qt, try setting your QTDIR environment variable to
> > the directory where qt is installed.

> This variable was necessary for Qt3, because that was often installed in
> unusual locations like /usr/qt/3. Qt4 uses the normal hierarchy, with
> stuff being installed in /usr/bn, /usr/lib, and so on. So this variable
> should not be needed any more.
>
> > checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
> > checking for QT libraries ()... no
> > checking for QT moc (moc)... no
> > checking for QT uic (uic)... no
> > configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
> >

> > Something is very very rotten here...but I dont not what...
> >
> > Any help in sight at the horizon ... ?
>
> My guess would be that musesq uses Qt3 only, not Qt4.
>
> Someone has the same problem here[*], and someone else came up with a
> new ebuild for musesq-2.0_beta2. If that's newer than yours, give that a
> try.
>
>[*] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04168.html
>
> Wonko

As this line in my previous posting states, museseq needs Qt 4.*,
which is installed...:

configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0

Slightly confused,
mcc

Old 02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Alex Schuster

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> As this line in my previous posting states, museseq needs Qt 4.*,
> which is installed...:
>
> configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0

Um, huh? If it would need Qt 4.*, it would say that you need qt >=
4.something. But it says you need qt >= 3.2.0, so qt-meta 3.3.8b-r2
(which I have installed) would do fine.
Oh, I just see that this is no longer in portage, my qt-meta:3 comes from
the kde-sunset overlay.

Maybe having Qt4 installed with the qt3support USE flag would work, but I
doubt it. Qt4 is very different from Qt3.

Wonko

Old 02-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:37:24 +0100
Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:

> meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
>
> > As this line in my previous posting states, museseq needs Qt 4.*,
> > which is installed...:
> >
> > configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
>
> Um, huh? If it would need Qt 4.*, it would say that you need qt >=
> 4.something. But it says you need qt >= 3.2.0, so qt-meta 3.3.8b-r2
> (which I have installed) would do fine.
> Oh, I just see that this is no longer in portage, my qt-meta:3 comes
> from the kde-sunset overlay.
>
> Maybe having Qt4 installed with the qt3support USE flag would work,
> but I doubt it. Qt4 is very different from Qt3.

my understanding is that qt3support gives run-time support only
for apps built against qt3 but running under qt4 (i.e it's just a
simple run-time wrapper around API calls).

But qt3support cannot be used to built against qt4

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> [12-02-18 16:00]:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:37:24 +0100
> Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
>
> > meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
> >
> > > As this line in my previous posting states, museseq needs Qt 4.*,
> > > which is installed...:
> > >
> > > configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
> >
> > Um, huh? If it would need Qt 4.*, it would say that you need qt >=
> > 4.something. But it says you need qt >= 3.2.0, so qt-meta 3.3.8b-r2
> > (which I have installed) would do fine.
> > Oh, I just see that this is no longer in portage, my qt-meta:3 comes
> > from the kde-sunset overlay.
> >
> > Maybe having Qt4 installed with the qt3support USE flag would work,
> > but I doubt it. Qt4 is very different from Qt3.
>
> my understanding is that qt3support gives run-time support only
> for apps built against qt3 but running under qt4 (i.e it's just a
> simple run-time wrapper around API calls).
>
> But qt3support cannot be used to built against qt4
>
> --
> Alan McKinnnon
> alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

So, if QT3 is removed from protage, and museseq which still is in
portage seems only to build agains qt3, I see a contradiction here...

May be on my system there somewhere leftovers from ancient time,
when qt3 needs some additional environment variables or such (?)...
what would it be...where I can I look for such settings?

best regards,
mcc

Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:16:37 +0100
meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> [12-02-18 16:00]:
> > On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:37:24 +0100
> > Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:

> > > Um, huh? If it would need Qt 4.*, it would say that you need qt >=
> > > 4.something. But it says you need qt >= 3.2.0, so qt-meta
> > > 3.3.8b-r2 (which I have installed) would do fine.
> > > Oh, I just see that this is no longer in portage, my qt-meta:3
> > > comes from the kde-sunset overlay.
> > >
> > > Maybe having Qt4 installed with the qt3support USE flag would
> > > work, but I doubt it. Qt4 is very different from Qt3.
> >
> > my understanding is that qt3support gives run-time support only
> > for apps built against qt3 but running under qt4 (i.e it's just a
> > simple run-time wrapper around API calls).
> >
> > But qt3support cannot be used to built against qt4
> >
> > --
> > Alan McKinnnon
> > alan.mckinnon@gmail.com
> >

> So, if QT3 is removed from protage, and museseq which still is in
> portage seems only to build agains qt3, I see a contradiction here...

But media-sound/museseq is NOT in the portage tree. If you have it,
then it comes from an overlay, or from a local ebuild that you maintain.

If museseq requires qt3, then the maintainer of the overlay (or you)
must provide qt3 or provide documentation about which overlay it is in.

IIRC you can find qt3 in kde-sunset

Either way it looks like a maintainer mistake

Old 02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Alex Schuster

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> So, if QT3 is removed from protage, and museseq which still is in
> portage seems only to build agains qt3, I see a contradiction here...

No, it has already been removed from portage two years ago [1], because it
still depends on Qt3. So your version probably comes from the proaudio
overlay.

What about trying the new ebuild for musesq-2.0 [2]?

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/206852
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04170.html

Wonko

Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> [12-02-18 16:36]:
> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:16:37 +0100
> meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> [12-02-18 16:00]:

> > > my understanding is that qt3support gives run-time support only
> > > for apps built against qt3 but running under qt4 (i.e it's just a
> > > simple run-time wrapper around API calls).
> > >
> > > But qt3support cannot be used to built against qt4
> > >
> > > --
> > > Alan McKinnnon
> > > alan.mckinnon@gmail.com
> > >

> > So, if QT3 is removed from protage, and museseq which still is in
> > portage seems only to build agains qt3, I see a contradiction here...
>
> But media-sound/museseq is NOT in the portage tree. If you have it,
> then it comes from an overlay, or from a local ebuild that you maintain.
>
> If museseq requires qt3, then the maintainer of the overlay (or you)
> must provide qt3 or provide documentation about which overlay it is in.
>
> IIRC you can find qt3 in kde-sunset
>
> Either way it looks like a maintainer mistake
>
> > May be on my system there somewhere leftovers from ancient time,
> > when qt3 needs some additional environment variables or such (?)...
> > what would it be...where I can I look for such settings?
>

> --
> Alan McKinnnon
> alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Ooops! Sorry, I was mislead by some numbering "[1]" is used
for installs coming from pro-audio overlay and not "(1)" as I
thought.

Nonetheless, still wondering whats going on here...

Still investigating...

Best regards,
mcc

Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM

Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 16:44]:
> meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:
>
> > So, if QT3 is removed from protage, and museseq which still is in
> > portage seems only to build agains qt3, I see a contradiction here...
>
> No, it has already been removed from portage two years ago [1], because it
> still depends on Qt3. So your version probably comes from the proaudio
> overlay.
>
> What about trying the new ebuild for musesq-2.0 [2]?
>
> [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/206852
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04170.html
>
> Wonko

The mail at [2] is of 10.2011. If I am not totally wrong here I should
have the ebuild already on my system. I am doing updates regularily...

?

Best regards,
mcc

Old 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Alex Schuster

meino.cramer@gmx.de writes:

> Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 16:44]:

> > What about trying the new ebuild for musesq-2.0 [2]?
> >
> > [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/206852
> > [2]
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04170.html
> >
> > Wonko
> >

> The mail at [2] is of 10.2011. If I am not totally wrong here I should
> have the ebuild already on my system. I am doing updates regularily...

Well, but which version are you actually emerging?

I just added the pro-audio overlay to check for myself. emerge museseq
wants to build version 1.0.1. Which fails, aparrently it tries to write
to /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/ which is not allowed:

ACCESS DENIED open_wr: /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
ISE:write_logfile unable to append logfile
ISE open_wr(/usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock): Permission
denied abs_path: /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
res_path: /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
/usr/lib64/libsandbox.so(+0x3832)[0x7fb1c5cbb832]
/usr/lib64/libsandbox.so(+0x38ab)[0x7fb1c5cbb8ab]
/usr/lib64/libsandbox.so(+0x4d8d)[0x7fb1c5cbcd8d]
/usr/lib64/libsandbox.so(open64+0xad)[0x7fb1c5cc0a4d]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(+0x5c79cd)[0x7fb1c58279cd]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(_ZN16QSettingsHeading4readERK7QString+0x5a )[0x7fb1c582973a]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(_ZN16QSettingsPrivate9readGroupEv+0x6ac)[0x7fb1c582b64c]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(_ZN9QSettings9readEntryERK7QStringS2_Pb+0x 17e)[0x7fb1c582cf3e]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(_ZN9QSettings13readListEntryERK7QStringPb+ 0x2e)[0x7fb1c582d5ce]
/usr/qt/3/lib64/libqt-mt.so.3(_ZN11QComLibrary22createInstanceInternalEv +0x2c2)[0x7fb1c57f2a62]
/proc/4891/cmdline: /usr/qt/3/bin/uic -L ../../muse/widgets -o
organguibase.cpp -impl organguibase.h organguibase.ui

make[5]: *** [organguibase.lo] Aborted

But with FEATURES="-sandbox -usersandbox" emerge museseq it builds fine.
1.9999 and 2.9999 seem to be written for Qt4, but subversion is unable to
check out the sources. Maybe this project is just dead?

But add kde-sunset to your overlays and emerge qt-meta:3, and it should
work.

Wonko