FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Grant
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. Can anyone recommend a way
to get in touch with a good person for the job?

- Grant
 
Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Pandu Poluan
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

On Feb 17, 2012 10:13 AM, "Grant" <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. *Can anyone recommend a way

> to get in touch with a good person for the job?

>

> - Grant

>


gentoo-dev? :-)


Rgds,
 
Old 02-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Dale
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

Pandu Poluan wrote:
>
> On Feb 17, 2012 10:13 AM, "Grant" <emailgrant@gmail.com
> <mailto:emailgrant@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. Can anyone recommend a way
>> to get in touch with a good person for the job?
>>
>> - Grant
>>
>
> gentoo-dev? :-)
>
> Rgds,
>

gentoo-devhelp ?

Dale

:-) :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"
 
Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Michael Orlitzky
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

On 02/16/12 22:47, Pandu Poluan wrote:
>
> On Feb 17, 2012 10:13 AM, "Grant" <emailgrant@gmail.com
> <mailto:emailgrant@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. Can anyone recommend a way
>> to get in touch with a good person for the job?
>>
>> - Grant
>>


Diego seems to be mad about the same things I am on a regular basis:

http://www.flameeyes.eu/hire-me
 
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Sebastian Pipping
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

On 02/17/2012 04:09 AM, Grant wrote:
> I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. Can anyone recommend a way
> to get in touch with a good person for the job?

ebuild doesn't equal ebuild: packaging java is different to packaging
python software etc. find an existing ebuild similar to what you need
and contact it's authors. that's what i would do.

best,




sebastian
 
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Michael Mol
 
Default ebuild for a fee?

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 04:09 AM, Grant wrote:
>> I'd like to pay to have an ebuild built. *Can anyone recommend a way
>> to get in touch with a good person for the job?
>
> ebuild doesn't equal ebuild: packaging java is different to packaging
> python software etc. *find an existing ebuild similar to what you need
> and contact it's authors. *that's what i would do.

FWIW, Diego blogged about it.

http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2012/02/19/working-outside-the-bubble

--
:wq
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org