-   -   {OT} SIP service? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/634042-ot-sip-service.html)

Grant 02-16-2012 06:56 PM

{OT} SIP service?

Is anyone using a SIP service they like that works with generic SIP
clients like linphone?

- Grant

Paul Hartman 02-16-2012 07:08 PM

{OT} SIP service?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone using a SIP service they like that works with generic SIP
> clients like linphone?

I use Callcentric, have for a few years now as my "home phone". It
works with Linphone or any generic SIP client or hardware. You can
sign up for a free account to test that the setup works before paying
them any money. There is a list of hardware and software with setup
instructions on their website (and also generic SIP instructions).

Willie Matthews 02-16-2012 07:30 PM

{OT} SIP service?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:56:52 -0800
Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using a SIP service they like that works with generic SIP
> clients like linphone?
>
> - Grant

I like sip2sip.info the most!

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com

Grant 02-16-2012 07:51 PM

{OT} SIP service?

>> Is anyone using a SIP service they like that works with generic SIP
>> clients like linphone?
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> I like sip2sip.info the most!

I should have said I need to be able to call regular phone number from
the SIP client. I have used Callcentric in the past and I liked it.

- Grant

Willie Matthews 02-16-2012 09:37 PM

{OT} SIP service?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:51:27 -0800
Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Is anyone using a SIP service they like that works with generic SIP
> >> clients like linphone?
> >>
> >> - Grant
> >>

> > I like sip2sip.info the most!
>
> I should have said I need to be able to call regular
> phone number from the SIP client. I have used Callcentric in the
> past and I liked it.
>
> - Grant

For that I have been working with google voice, ipkall.com and
pbxes.org. I haven't got it to completely work yet. I know people that
have gotten it to work though. I don't want to pay for it so I try to
configure it all myself.

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com