Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
James

Default gptfdisk on livedvd-12.0 ?

Hello,

My download of livedvd-12 is running really slow,
despite trying dozens of mirrors (mirrorselect produced
poor suggestions).... currently.

So, I am trying to find out if gptfdisk is on the latest
livedvd or SystemrescueCD. I cannot find the software listing for the
livedvd-12. Here is a gentoo page that lists the software
(packages) included on livedvd-10 [1]

Any suggestions are most welcome. (my)

tia,
James

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pr/releases/10.0/faq.xml

Old 02-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Pandu Poluan

On Feb 17, 2012 2:58 AM, "James" <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> My download of livedvd-12 is running really slow,

> despite trying dozens of mirrors (mirrorselect produced

> poor suggestions).... currently.

> So, I am trying to find out if gptfdisk is on the latest

> livedvd or SystemrescueCD. I cannot find the software listing for the

> livedvd-12. Here is a gentoo page that lists the software

> (packages) included on livedvd-10 [1]

> Any suggestions are most welcome. (my)

I have nothing but good experience with JAIST mirror. It's wickedly fast.

The address is http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub

(no, that's not a typo. Use HTTP to access its FTP servers. Mucho faster for unknown reasons.)

Of course, YMMV.

Rgds,

Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My download of livedvd-12 is running really slow,
> despite trying dozens of mirrors (mirrorselect produced
> poor suggestions).... currently.

I suggest using bittorrent, it always achieves the best results for me
for downloading linux ISOs. I have a 100mbit internet connection here
and downloaded the gentoo livedvd in just 5 minutes.

http://torrents.gentoo.org/

> So, I am trying to find out if gptfdisk is on the latest
> livedvd or SystemrescueCD. I cannot find the software listing for the
> livedvd-12. Here is a gentoo page that lists the software
> (packages) included on livedvd-10 [1]

I just mounted the gentoo livedvd ISO and don't see gdisk anywhere on
it. Don't know about system rescue CD.

I happen to be booted into a Parted Magic disc right now on another
machine I'm working on, and it DOES contain gdisk. FYI.