Old 02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Hinnerk van Bruinehsen

Default unclear package collisions in nvidia-drivers-295.20-r1

Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:09:38 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> I didn't realize that I could run emerges together.
> The emerge of LO was the penultimate merge coming from an
> emerge update world
> (the last was LO-l10n)
> While this LO merge was in progress could I have safely started another
> emerge update world

No, because LO still needed to be updated, so you'd have ended up trying
to compile it twice in parallel.

> I am guessing the point is that, since the running emerge was
> essentially just LO, it was safe to run the nvidia-drivers emerge since
> there are no shared dependencies. Is emerge by some chance clever
> enough that you can always start an update world, while one is running?

There's an easy way to test this, if we don't hear back from you I'll
assume it is not safe

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows will never cease.