Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Tanstaafl

Default Group Calendaring with decent Outlook interaction

Hi all,

We use Thunderbird+Lightning+Provider for Google Calendar+Google
Calendar here in our office, and the calendaring really is becoming more
and more problematic for us, mostly with respect to interacting with
Meeting Invites from external users of Outlook/Exchange.

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for a hosted calendaring
solution that works well with Thunderbird+Lightning *and* deals
properly with meeting invites from outlook/Exchange users? This is for a
business, so commercial/paid service is not out of the question, but I
do prefer free if available...

Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
walt

On 02/15/2012 10:12 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We use Thunderbird+Lightning+Provider for Google Calendar+Google
> Calendar here in our office, and the calendaring really is becoming
> more and more problematic for us, mostly with respect to interacting
> with Meeting Invites from external users of Outlook/Exchange.

I can't answer your question, so I'll ask one instead Do you have
any idea where the problem is occurring, i.e. on the client side or on
the Google server side?

I'm imagining a battle of the titans, with Google and M$ trying to win
customers from each other by making the other side look incompetent

No question that M$ has, um, consolidated their market share in the past
by concocting proprietary protocols that no one else can support. I'm
guessing that Google now has enough market clout to use the same trick
against M$. (That would be evil(TM) of course, so they would deny it.)

> I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for a hosted calendaring
> solution that works well with Thunderbird+Lightning *and* deals
> properly with meeting invites from outlook/Exchange users?

Once again, just out of curiosity, have you tried Evolution on the client
side to see if it has the same problems that thunderbird/lightening has?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Tanstaafl