Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Default ERROR: cannot start sshd as net.eth0 could not start

Hi,

The Subject line explains the issue

Kaushal

Old 04-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:46:48 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> The Subject line explains the issue

Is there also a problem? If your network interface is not up, you
couldn't use SSH anyway.

If you really want to use SSH to localhost, change
RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING in /etc/conf.d/rc.

--
Neil Bothwick

Very funny Scotty.. now beam down my pants!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Uwe Thiem

On Thursday 03 April 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Subject line explains the issue

No, it does not. It does explain that sshd cannot start because your
network isn't up. Now you have to find out why the network doesn't
get started.

Uwe

--
Informal Linux Group Namibia:
http://www.linux.org.na/

Old 04-03-2008, 06:02 PM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Uwe Thiem <uwix@iway.na> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Subject line explains the issue
>
> No, it does not. It does explain that sshd cannot start because your
> network isn't up. Now you have to find out why the network doesn't
> get started.
>
> Uwe
>
> --
> Informal Linux Group Namibia:
> http://www.linux.org.na/
> SysEx (Pty) Ltd.:
> http://www.SysEx.com.na/

is there a way i can start net.eth0 first and then sshd next through rc-update.

Kaushal

Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 23:32:33 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> is there a way i can start net.eth0 first and then sshd next through
> rc-update.

Your problem is not that net.eth0 is not trying to start, it is failing to
start. The sshd init script includes "need net" so it tries to bring up a
network connection if none is present. Your problem is that net.eth0 is
failing. What does "/etc/init.d/net.eth0 start" return?

--
Neil Bothwick

If at first you don't suceed, try the switch marked "Power"