Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Michael Higgins

Default installing vmware?

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:10:20 -0300
luis jure <ljc@internet.com.uy> wrote:

> hello list,

[8<]

> i found a few pages on the net explaining how to install vmware on
> gentoo, but i'm not clear about those issues. thanks for any hint.

http://archiver.mailfighter.net/gentoo-user/2008/January/1600.html

My recent experience.

HTH.

Cheers,

--
| /| | | ~ ~
| / | |---| `|` ?
| |ichael | |iggins ^ /
michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org

Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
"b.n."

Michael Higgins ha scritto:

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:10:20 -0300
luis jure <ljc@internet.com.uy> wrote:

hello list,

[8<]

i found a few pages on the net explaining how to install vmware on
gentoo, but i'm not clear about those issues. thanks for any hint.

http://archiver.mailfighter.net/gentoo-user/2008/January/1600.html

My recent experience.

Wow, what an hell!
My experience with vmware itself (I use vmware-player and that known
website that creates images, I don't remember the url) is a lot
smoother. However I never tried to run a system already installed on
another partition.

I've never tried Virtualbox, but I heard a lot of praise on it. Can it
run a system installed on a disk partition?

m.