FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Steven Lembark
 
Default Nvidia drivers

>> Maybe hell will also freeze over on that day.

More likely pigs will floss...

--
Steven Lembark +1 888 359 3508
Workhorse Computing 85-09 90th St
lembark@wrkhors.com Woodhaven, NY 11421
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 PM
"Paul M. Whitney"
 
Default NVidia Drivers

I know NVidia provides drivers from their website that can be downloaded and
compiled to work with a users OS. My question is, how do I compile the
drivers on one system, and then transfer the compiled driver to another
identical system and make it work?



Paul

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
 
Default NVidia Drivers

Paul,

rpms.livna.org and freshrpms.net provide those drivers precompiled and prepackaged as RPM files.
They focus Fedora users but most Fedora RPMs work as-is on RHEL servers. And you can use their spec
file to rebuild the package under RHEL if needed.


[]s, Fernando Lozano


> I know NVidia provides drivers from their website that can be downloaded and
> compiled to work with a users OS. My question is, how do I compile the
> drivers on one system, and then transfer the compiled driver to another
> identical system and make it work?
>
>
>
> Paul
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
"Jose R R"
 
Default NVidia Drivers

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Paul M. Whitney <paul.whitney@mac.com>
wrote:

> I know NVidia provides drivers from their website that can be downloaded
> and
> compiled to work with a users OS. My question is, how do I compile the
> drivers on one system, and then transfer the compiled driver to another
> identical system and make it work?


And touching on Fernando's suggestion, here is some additional insight that,
evidently, you should adjust to your own operating system situation:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Install-Video-Drivers-on-Fedora-7-59919.shtml


Good luck!

Jose R Rodriguez
http://www.metztli-it.com
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Vitaly Babiy
 
Default nvidia drivers

Hey what is the difference between the nvidia-glx-new drive and the
nvidia-glx-new-envy driver. The restricted driver manager installs the
nvidia-glx-new driver, but yesterday I was browsing the repos and
noticed the nvidia-glx-new-envy and was not sure if its a better driver.

--
Thanks,
Vitaly Babiy
--------------
irc: vbabiy
aim: vbabiy86
jabber: vbabiy86@gmail.com





--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
James Allsopp
 
Default Nvidia drivers

Hi,
I'm having trouble with my Nvidia drivers, glxinfo gives me the following error. I'm not sure how this happened, during an update I presume.
The problem is that I don't seem to be able to update the nvidia-glx package.


Version mismatch detected between the NVIDIA libGL.so
and libGLcore.so shared libraries (libGL.so version:
190.53; libGLcore.so version: 195.36.31).
Please try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim
 
Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
 
Default Nvidia drivers

In <BANLkTimhL=TOHtG5q55wBLwcK3QQipUX+Q@mail.gmail.co m>, James Allsopp wrote:
>Version mismatch detected between the NVIDIA libGL.so
>and libGLcore.so shared libraries (libGL.so version:
>190.53; libGLcore.so version: 195.36.31).
>Please try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
>
>Any suggestions?

Make sure the version of nvidia-glx, libgl1-nvidia-glx, and nvidia-kernel are
all "the same". 190.xx.yy isn't compatible with 195.xx.yy.

I don't actually see a 190.xx.yy packaged for Debian; did you use the
"installer" from NVidia? If so, you might need to clean that up. The
"packages" from NVidia aren't compatible with Debian packaging.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
http://iguanasuicide.net/ \_/
 
Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 AM
David Baron
 
Default Nvidia drivers

On Friday 15 April 2011 09:41:19 debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> >Version mismatch detected between the NVIDIA libGL.so
> >and libGLcore.so shared libraries (libGL.so version:
> >190.53; libGLcore.so version: 195.36.31).
> >Please try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
> >
> >Any suggestions?
>
> Make sure the version of nvidia-glx, libgl1-nvidia-glx, and nvidia-kernel
> are all "the same". 190.xx.yy isn't compatible with 195.xx.yy.
>
> I don't actually see a 190.xx.yy packaged for Debian; did you use the
> "installer" from NVidia? If so, you might need to clean that up. The
> "packages" from NVidia aren't compatible with Debian packaging.
> --

Nvidia's proprietary installation places their own libGL.so stuff. Upgrading
xorg from Debian will overwrite them so you need to either recompile them or
use dpkg-divert to prevent overwriting.

Debian's nvidia packages do not have the same versions except for certain
"legacy" drivers. They also place their modules differently.

So either find the appropriate Debian ones (I have 260.... and I do not know
which Debian version to use!) or reinstall nvidia's version completely. Their
installation works first time, every time. Then use dpkg-divert to keep it.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201104151006.40207.d_baron@012.net.il">http://lists.debian.org/201104151006.40207.d_baron@012.net.il
 
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM
James Allsopp
 
Default Nvidia drivers

Hi,
Not really sure how I should move from here. I want the proprietary
nvidia drivers as I want to have compiz and use CUDA, so if someone can
point me in the direction of the best way to achieve this I would be
very grateful.

Also I find the whole kernel situation in Debian quite confusing as
opposed to Gentoo (my other system) where you just install you're own
kernel, compile it and then install the modules. Any advice on
recommended documents I should be reading?

Thanks,
James

On 15/04/11 08:06, David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 15 April 2011 09:41:19 debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
>>> Version mismatch detected between the NVIDIA libGL.so
>>> and libGLcore.so shared libraries (libGL.so version:
>>> 190.53; libGLcore.so version: 195.36.31).
>>> Please try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Make sure the version of nvidia-glx, libgl1-nvidia-glx, and nvidia-kernel
>> are all "the same". 190.xx.yy isn't compatible with 195.xx.yy.
>>
>> I don't actually see a 190.xx.yy packaged for Debian; did you use the
>> "installer" from NVidia? If so, you might need to clean that up. The
>> "packages" from NVidia aren't compatible with Debian packaging.
>> --
>
> Nvidia's proprietary installation places their own libGL.so stuff. Upgrading
> xorg from Debian will overwrite them so you need to either recompile them or
> use dpkg-divert to prevent overwriting.
>
> Debian's nvidia packages do not have the same versions except for certain
> "legacy" drivers. They also place their modules differently.
>
> So either find the appropriate Debian ones (I have 260.... and I do not know
> which Debian version to use!) or reinstall nvidia's version completely. Their
> installation works first time, every time. Then use dpkg-divert to keep it.
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 4DAC1286.1030308@googlemail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DAC1286.1030308@googlemail.com
 
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Erwan David
 
Default Nvidia drivers

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:29:26PM CEST, James Allsopp <jamesaallsopp@googlemail.com> said:
> Hi,
> Not really sure how I should move from here. I want the proprietary
> nvidia drivers as I want to have compiz and use CUDA, so if someone can
> point me in the direction of the best way to achieve this I would be
> very grateful.
>
> Also I find the whole kernel situation in Debian quite confusing as
> opposed to Gentoo (my other system) where you just install you're own
> kernel, compile it and then install the modules. Any advice on
> recommended documents I should be reading?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Did you try the nvidia-kernel-dkms package ? It will compile and
install the nvidia driver against installed kernels and reinstall it
when you upgrade kernel.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110418104318.GF3718@rail.eu.org">http://lists.debian.org/20110418104318.GF3718@rail.eu.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org