Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Konqueror Go menu - missing items

Hi,

Any KDE experts in the house?

Short question: What determines how the Go menu in Konqueror is
populated?

Long version: I used to have nice items in this menu - System, Trash,
Removeable Media stuff plus some preconfigured ssh/fish connections. I
find these things to be handy. A while ago they went away and I only
noticed it after a while, too late to spot what changed just before.
Now the only this in the menu are History, Most Often Visited and a
list of the last 10 URLs used.

With genlop I found some stuff going on round about that time:

Emerge kde-4 then ran it with the ~/.kde link still pointing to
~/.kde3.5
Emerge kde-3.5.9
Upgrade hal to 0.5.10
Remove zeroconf and avahi

I investigated each of those, downgraded hal and put zeroconf back, no
joy. I thought kde-4 might have screwed the 3.5.9 config dirs, so
moved .kde3.5/ out of the way and re-started Konqueror, no joy.
Konqueror-4 shows the same behaviour.
My normal wm is e17, this does not appear to affect it as I get the same
with a KDE desktop as well.

The Google-force is not strong with this one, got no sane search
results. Can't find any config settings in $KDE_DIR that look relevant
either. Can't find anything in KDE changelog to indicate if this
feature is removed.

So now I'm clueless and have no idea where to look next. Help, anyone?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Crayon Shin Chan

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> Short question: What determines how the Go menu in Konqueror is
> populated?

have you fiddled with:

right-click (on the taskbar menu button) ->
[Panel Menu] ->
[Configure Panel] ->
[Menus]

--